Important message about one of our own

Amy

• Moderators

When I heard the news yesterday, I knew this should be shared on the forum since it involves a valued member of the Klipsch-Forum family, but not entirely sure how to go about it. Understandably not wanting pity, but also knowing the importance for us to know what he is going through, he gave me the ok to post here. Not to shine a spotlight or create fuss, I simply request to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he battles stage 3 cancer. We know him to be a fighter, and we will be rooting for him from our virtual sidelines.

DeanG, bless you for all you've given to this forum, and all I know you'll continue to give. I know not everyone has always gotten along, but I don't know of many close-knit families who do. If you need anything at all, there are countless good folks around here who would jump at the chance.

And if you need to vent here, please don't hesitate.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean has kept this pretty quiet but some of us have known for quite awhile. If you pray, I can tell you Dean does appreciate prayer. He is fighting this with lots of support from his friends. He has had surgery and now is in the middle of chemo and radiation therapy.

DeanG, so sorry to hear this news.....Dont be afraid to think outside the box on this one, just like you do in audio!!!! I know a few people who have beaten this amongst other things with diet changes and juicing...... Including very late stage pancreatic cancer..... Good luck with your journey, use all your skills, get as much info as possible, and trust yourself and your body...... once again thanks!!! and good luck!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Good luck Dean, as you know the more prayers the better.

Thanks Amy I didn't feel comfortable posting it, I thought about it more than once and didn't know how to word it and didn't want him upset, but thought the extra prayers surely couldn't hurt. Anyone who has met Dean knows it's not pity, it's helping about the only way we can.

I like many, I have been down this path

The most difficult thing, is to continue to follow your compass, sometimes it starts to spin

But thats what friends are for, and Dean has many

"If you pray, I can tell you Dean does appreciate prayer. "

alright, then, a toast to Dean, keep up the fight,

post-22082-13819691656886_thumb.png

I have been in the dumps over this for sometime now as I know a few others have. Now that it has come up here, I do not think Dean would mind sharing this.

The doctors found it in a swollen lymph node under Deans' jaw(hence the stage 3). The dodtor felt that his immune system wiped out the malignancy at the primary site but not before it got into the node. He started Chemo on Feb. 22nd. and then Radiation to follow for seven weeks beginning the first part of March. As long as it did not spread the prognosis is very good.

I have been praying for Dean and his family every day since I found out and will continue to do so until he beats this shyte.

God bless you Deano and may he watch over you.