RF-7ii Midrange

rustolem

What difference is there in the sound you get from the RF-7ii's, which have no midrange speaker, comapred to other brands that do inculde a midrange speaker in their tower?

Coming from previous brand Polk and GoldenEar which both include a midrage speaker in their towers.

Thanks

Rustolem

The best speaker in a perfect world would be a one way.There are fantastic two way speakers and fantastic three or more way speakers.The less crossovers in a perfect world the better.It's all about what you think sounds good.I used to have 2000i Polks, the 7's just wiped the floor with em'.

kind of off topic but in topic also

my only objection would be so far I miss the sound from my old KLF series speakers with 1 month vs my new RF62ii fronts.

both sound great but I really think the KLFs had a better mid bass/lower male voice sound. Oviously with 2 10 inch woofers the 20s should sound much different. To me the new reference line really wants the horn tweeter to handle the MAJORITY of the sound output. That can be a good or bad thing from what I have noticed. It seems that the lower male voice range is not what I get right now but that easily could be the settings on my Denon so I will play with it more when I have time.

1 thing is for sure though, the 62ii center is amazing compared to the 52. another thing - I really dont know why anyone would spend the money on the 64ii vs just buying 2 62ii and stacking them.

This center can keep up with anything out there for realistic volumes I think

good luck - anyone with the 7s really cant complain about anything!