refinish/upgrade 1980 Cornwalls

johnstms92

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a temporary break in setup hooked up to a pair of Threshold SA/6e's. Unfortunately the dust cap was dented in one of the woofers by the previous owner.... I still have yet to try a couple tricks in pulling it back out, but I'm considering Crites woofer's soon as well... We'll see! It truly has no affect on the sound to my ears for now. Once I fix up the grills, I wont have to worry about looking at it.

post-44787-13819828527126_thumb.jpg

I did have plans on changing out the old damping material, which after all these years is starting to crumble away at the touch, with some newer and thicker material, I have a couple options in mind. I also had plans on adding a layer of 3/4" MDF cut to the inside of the cabinet and a simple bracing done using a few 2x4's. These plans, however, have been put on hold at the moment as I am bringing in a pair of Infinity IRS Delta's into the house, and have some updates I want to do to them. The cornwall's will now be shifted over to my dad's main system.