Want to replace my Belle Klipsch AB crossover

Hello everyone,

My new to me, 1987 Belle Klipsch sounds terrible, muddy & bloated especially voices. My Quartet & KG 4 sounds clearer. Is it because of the AB crossover ?

Do they sound THAT bad ? If this is the case. I want to replace the crossover but which one is the best bang for my money ?

Kenny,

I'd recommend a steep slope crossover - like Al K's ALK Engineering extreme slope networks. However, I'd more strongly recommend a digital active crossover and tri-amping your Belle. It makes a huge difference.

Chris

The ALK networks are more than what I want to spend except maybe the Universal network. I'm leaning towards Bob Crites networks because of the price.
Which one you think is best for Belles ? A, AA or AB-2 ? I prefer to stay with the original sound of the Belles.

Talk to Bob or Michael Crites, they will take care of you and let you know what will and will not work with your beautiful Belles!

You may just need to update the caps, but talk to Bob or Michael.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family. [<:o)]

Dennie

I replaced mine with ALK universals for a while until I when v-trac. Then I use the universals in the v-trac. The universals were definitely an upgrade over the old AB's that I had in there. I have to admit that I never tried upgrading the caps or what bob crites has for up dates . I'm sure what ever Bob sets up for you will be a big improvement also.

I don't think you could go wrong either way.