play them over the stereo. I also want to be able to use my stereo as a 2.1

home theater system ( I have Direct TV a DVD player and a Sanyo TV). What

else do I need to buy?

http://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tube_magic_d1

http://www.mede8er.eu/products/new-med500x2.html

The Marantz NA7004 is nice but it's expensive and I am not sure it will do

everything I want it to.

Have

Marantz CD player, year old Energy EWS-M8 , Klipsch RB61's.

Need to replace

I have an older receiver that I would not be against upgrading.

If I upgrade the receiver I was looking at the Yamaha RS700 but

it is not an AV receiver. If I have to go with a AV receiver I thought

about the Marantz NR1402 but not settled on it.

The room is 14x16 . I don’t listen to music over 90 db max.

Thanks

The simplest way is to use an Apple TV wireless. Since you are just starting to rip your CDs to the computer, using i-tunes will allow you to rip in a lossless format. Be sure to have a good soundcard installed in your computer. There are many ways (some costly) to stream but this will be more than adequate. Go to the Apple website and check out all that you can do with the Apple TV. Just one suggestion for you. I'm sure others will chime in.

Frank

If you have a device that supports DLNA or UPnP (Game consoles, Set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, Networked TVs, phones and tablets, pretty much anything will work), you can use TVersity. It is a free media server that acts over your home network. It is very easy to setup, just run the install and add the folders containing the music you want and it's done. It streams and transcodes your media to a format usable by whatever will be picking it up on the fly. That way you can skip the Apple TV and just use iTunes or whatever other ripping program you want to use.

I have it on my laptop. It seems to use very little computer resources and anyone on my local network can listen.

There is a paid version of TVersity, but the only difference is the paid will allow you to stream any content from a website that uses flash to play video. Also just looking up the site, they are now working on 'AirFlinger' which is apparently an open source alternative to AirPlay as well.

My Onkyo Txnr509 plays dlna, I run a ethernet to it and can stream my music from my pc via windows media player 12 to it. Or I can go with my ps3 which streams wirelessly to my reciever both work nicely, I assume most Onkyo avrs will do this, and even many other avrs. This may not be the best audio quality but works well. Or you can use a external sound card such as Berhingers ufo or ufa 202 which is a usb sound card with rca out puts these work well as I use one in another system. It can be as easy as that or more complexed. You can even use a dac with a usb connection that have rca outs to your av.

good luck and have fun.

Duder