Jim Marshall Dies at Age of 88... Amplifier Innovator

Boxx

Marshall's British Amps were instrumental to the sound of rock & roll and used by several seminal acts, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who and Led Zeppelin... Marshall was dubbed the "Father of Loud" for inventing amps with more distortion and volume, including the famed "Marshall Stack."

David Feinstein, of The Rods, and cousin to Ronnie Dio, still uses all Marshall equipment. That stuff could tear out your eardrums easily. Speaking of Ronnie, a crew from Hollywood was in town recently to interview two long-time friends of Dio. Took place at the Feinsten's Hollywood Restaurant. They are planning a documentary about Ronnie. You may be able to see The Rods' studio since they did some filming there as well. I'll let you know when it is released.

David Feinstein, of The Rods, and cousin to Ronnie Dio, still uses all Marshall equipment. That stuff could tear out your eardrums easily. Speaking of Ronnie, a crew from Hollywood was in town recently to interview two long-time friends of Dio. Took place at the Feinsten's Hollywood Restaurant. They are planning a documentary about Ronnie. You may be able to see The Rods' studio since they did some filming there as well. I'll let you know when it is released.

Thanks for the heads up... Do let us know when it is released...

Thanks for the heads up... Do let us know when it is released...

No doubt a pioneer. Thanks for posting about JM

Many years ago I bought a brand new Marshall Time Modulator.

http://www.audiorents.com/library/userManuals/1_Marshall_5002_TimeModulator.pdf

I was the only individual in Sydney to have one as all others were in Recording Studios.

It does automatic triple tracking, with an analog bucket brigade.

It does flanging both negative and positive and its sound is unique with the extreme notch depth.

Everything is done inside a DBX Compression / Expansion system and it's very clean and quite.

I use it for vocals mainly and the singers become instantly addicted as it's smooth warm and very human.

There are now software simulators available and the originals like mine are now sought after.

Combining it with the 18 analog oscillators in my memory moog creates 54 and that is fat as.

In hind sight I should have gotten a second one and the Marshall 5050 that linked the pair of time modulators together. Then you could do zero cross flanging and just get totally lost playing with it or rip your speakers to shreds.

LaScala were definitely a must have to get sufficient head room for some of the effects.

My favourite effect I called "automatic triple tracking reverberated flange" which feels like your head has been turned inside out and inverted (like in a sci fi movie) and that is before having a beer.

So more came from Marshall than Legendary Amplifiers.

Opps check you facts Jim Marshall Of Marshall amp fame has nothing to do with the world famous In studios

TimeModulator. see here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_St._Croix

This Marshall Stephen St. Croix (born Stephen Curtis Marshall) (1948–2006) was a multifaceted American artist, audio engineer, producer, equipment designer and inventor. invented it and many other cool things

He was involved with One of the best sounding DAW of it time Ensoniq's Paris,It still holds it own today .

When Im not recording anolog Paris is what i use.

Opps check you facts Jim Marshall Of Marshall amp fame has nothing to do with the world famous In studios

TimeModulator. see here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_St._Croix

This Marshall Stephen St. Croix (born Stephen Curtis Marshall) (19482006) was a multifaceted American artist, audio engineer, producer, equipment designer and inventor. invented it and many other cool things

He was involved with One of the best sounding DAW of it time Ensoniq's Paris,It still holds it own today .

When Im not recording anolog Paris is what i use.

Well there you go, the Australian Distributor back then had us all believe otherwise.