Weak 4.1 Sub Compared to V2-400

candykid

Hey, i just got my 4.1's about a week ago and i previously had the V2-400 but returned it and got the 4.1's. I was listening to it and there is diffintly more Mid range on these babies but what i noticed is the 4.1's sound like they have a weaker sub then the V2-400? Maybe i have a defective Sub i don't know but the sub does not sound very strong like the V2-400's. I remember i couldn't even hit the 10'o clock postion when i was cranking on the 400's but on the 4.1's i can blast it all the way and still sound weak? I have played with all the settings on my sound card? I have the the SB Live! Platinum? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi candykid I cant speak from the personal experience of comparing the 2 but I have read a lot of posts regarding how drastically the placement of the sub along with the rooms acoustics can cause deadspots. Have you tried moving your sub around?

I can say for certain that its got nothing to do with sub placement, i got my 4.1s today and i been toying with them all day, all kinds of games/music, the sub has a darn strict limiter, at lower volumes the sub does shake my walls and flutter my clothes, BUT the moment the volume reaches the half way point, the sub cuts down on bass drastically and it does sound weaker, all of a sudden u begin to think where did all that bass go (and klipsch says "all your bass are belong to us") so i guess they won't let us have more bass then what these speakers can produce.

Gamersdepot:

". Our only complaint is with limiter that Klipsch has kept in place that limits the amount of power this system will produce from the subwoofer. Of course Klipsch would have us believe that this is a feature, although Im not so convinced. If indeed it is a feature, it would suggest that its a good thing. If it is such a good thing why dont they have the limiter in the 2.1 system?"

Is there any way we can remove the limiter?

Im sure there is if ya feel like messin with the amp. I would think there is only a current limiter or something that could be bypassed.. My sub works good enough.. Build a House Wrecker sub box and put a 10 or 12" in there.. that is when you get bass.

Ideally.. putting my 4.1 in the basement..concrete floors.. thin walls mm more bass. Or.. removing carpet in my dorm room.

No.. I havn't.. but have thought about it too. I dont have the money or the time so I guess it will have to wat about 4 years.

http://www.decware.com/menu1.shtml

Go to the DYI boxes.. the House Wrecker sounds like it would be nice... read the page for it.. and the whitepages.. Look at the last diagram with 4 drivers.. "Remember, we levetated a floor rug with this thing using only one!"

HOLLY COW!!!!!

That has to be the crazyest thing i have ever seen for Home Audio biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Wicked!!!

LOL "can even act as a load bearing device"

LOL

Thanks for the link Paragon.

BTW, how are you enjoying your pro's.

Nice to hear you got 'em biggrin.gif