What type of music ro you listen to?

molonlaveh

Not sure if this question has been asked but I wanted to know. After reading numerous posts on Klipsch vs brand X I wanted to know, what type of music do you listen to on your speakers? I listen to hard rock/heavy metal (70's and 80's hair rock), blues, and rap hiphop. I especially like hearing Nina Simones voice on Feeling Good and and heavy metal songs converted to orchestral like Metallica's Fade to Black performed by Apocalytica. So much clarity! I hope I posted this in the right section. Let me know!

I have a pair of cornwall I's. U have a cheap old tube amp, and a technics turntable. I use it mainly for vinyl, or my ipod. I listen mainly to indie rock. Im 23 its what most college kids who are into music are into. some bands i listen to... Radio dept., Junip, Shout out louds, sigur ros. I really recommend sigur ros, its the kind beautiful music that anybody can appreciate. sounds amazing through the cornwalls too

I ask the question because after reading many reviews I find comments on Klipsch speakers seem to be rather extreme. People seem to say that if you like one type of music you'll like Klipsch. But if you prefer another type Klipsch arent for you. I wanted to know what people who actually own klipsch speakers listen to.

Talk programs (voices) are extremely clear on the local public radio stations. My favorite is anything stringed or any type of drums works for me. I'm not sure how to classify it although I know it's not rock or opera, maybe call it classical.

The horns bring me the realism of a person speaking to me because I'm a no [bs] kind of guy. [8]

I ask the question because after reading many reviews I find comments on Klipsch speakers seem to be rather extreme. People seem to say that if you like one type of music you'll like Klipsch. But if you prefer another type Klipsch arent for you. I wanted to know what people who actually own klipsch speakers listen to.

This statement or "overview of opinions" is incorrect. That is a common trap the audiophile world falls into - "Klipsch are for (X Type) music". I find that nothing could be further from the truth.

People who sample/try Klipsch fall into a number of "traps". They fail to understand the nature of the tools they are using - and yes, these speakers are "tools". If one does not understand how to use them, then it is very likely that the results will be less than extraoardinary.

These "traps" can be things such as room, equipment used to drive them (and this is important too, as horns are "audio magnifiers" that magnify EVERYTHING, including the distortions), and quality of source materials on playback. I used to think that Klipsch were strong in the rock and roll realm, but had no idea how good they could be with all kinds of music until I heard them set up properly.

Now there's no accounting for taste - yes it is reasonable and expected that many will opt for other speaker choices. But I cannot tell you the sheer volume of people who throw out the idea of Klipsch because of an ill presented demo or a preconcieved notiuon that horns have to be harsh. They don't have to be.

Particularly with Heritage - Cornwall, LaScala, Belle, and Klipschorn - they are not only proper for all kinds of music, they are also nearly infinitely tweakable. A host of modifications exist - horns, crossovers, and other tweaks that address some specific issues and/or preferences. So even for the picky, picky audio freak there are a number of solutions to acheive your version of audio bliss.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE here.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't have the most expensive of set-ups. But I took the time to play with EQ to get the sound I like. When comparing what I hear to what's being said on-line I would have to disagree with the the people who say Klipsch lacks bottom end. Bass is full without drownning out the rest of the sound track. It doesn't take much to get the shutters shaking. I remember watching Pacific and turning it up to -25 on my reciever. My thighs started to shake while I was sitting down! The same is true with hiphop-which can be bass heavy-music that I listen to. I remeber being at a friends house listening to music. He spent roughly as much money on his gear as i have on mine, so we're in the same ball park. Actually just on bookshelf speakers, which is what we compared he spent more. The bass to me seemed to muffle other notes. When we tried my recently purchased RB-61's I could actually hear the singer licking her lips or tongue moving getting ready to sing. I knew right then and there what is meant by clarity. I guess you can make same comparison to running a high compresion engine on regular low octane gasoline. Sure it'll move, but not the way it was designed to.

This statement or "overview of opinions" is incorrect. That is a common trap the audiophile world falls into - "Klipsch are for (X Type) music". I find that nothing could be further from the truth.

People who sample/try Klipsch fall into a number of "traps". They fail to understand the nature of the tools they are using - and yes, these speakers are "tools". If one does not understand how to use them, then it is very likely that the results will be less than extraoardinary.

These "traps" can be things such as room, equipment used to drive them (and this is important too, as horns are "audio magnifiers" that magnify EVERYTHING, including the distortions), and quality of source materials on playback. I used to think that Klipsch were strong in the rock and roll realm, but had no idea how good they could be with all kinds of music until I heard them set up properly.

Now there's no accounting for taste - yes it is reasonable and expected that many will opt for other speaker choices. But I cannot tell you the sheer volume of people who throw out the idea of Klipsch because of an ill presented demo or a preconcieved notiuon that horns have to be harsh. They don't have to be.

Particularly with Heritage - Cornwall, LaScala, Belle, and Klipschorn - they are not only proper for all kinds of music, they are also nearly infinitely tweakable. A host of modifications exist - horns, crossovers, and other tweaks that address some specific issues and/or preferences. So even for the picky, picky audio freak there are a number of solutions to acheive your version of audio bliss.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE here.

RAP.

Death Metal.

Justin Beaver.

Euro-Trash Techno.

Really bad top 40 modern CMT crap country.

Millie Vanilli.

Richard Clayderman.

Nana Mouskouri.

Red Sovine.

Boxcar Willie.

Roger Whittaker.

The amazing Pan Flute of Zamfir.

Pretty much anything advertised on TV commercials in the 80's or horrible in its own right.

Just kiddin. I hate all the above.

RAP.

Death Metal.

Justin Beaver.

Euro-Trash Techno.

Really bad top 40 modern CMT crap country.

Millie Vanilli.

Richard Clayderman.

Nana Mouskouri.

Red Sovine.

Boxcar Willie.

Roger Whittaker.

The amazing Pan Flute of Zamfir.

Pretty much anything advertised on TV commercials in the 80's or horrible in its own right.

Just kiddin. I hate all the above.

You really hate Boxcar Willie?

Nah. I was just thinking back to all those horrible commercials in my yout. I didn't mean to badmouth Box.

I listen to classical, jazz, rock, alt, blues, motown, reggae, bluegrass, old style country. It runs the gamut depending on my mood. This is one of the reasons I love Pandora. Type in Bix Beiderbecke, Spoon, Catfish Hodge or something else obscure and just enjoy the ride.

Nah. I was just thinking back to all those horrible commercials in my yout. I didn't mean to badmouth Box.

I listen to classical, jazz, rock, alt, blues, motown, reggae, bluegrass, old style country. It runs the gamut depending on my mood. This is one of the reasons I love Pandora. Type in Bix Beiderbecke, Spoon, Catfish Hodge or something else obscure and just enjoy the ride.

Just kidding.... There is a bridge, about 6 miles from my house, called the "Boxcar Willie Memorial Bridge." What a great tribute to this fine singer/song writer.....