Just bought a La Scala AL-3

javelin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UROFORD is selling a fine pair of black AL-3's just like yours in the Garage Sale section.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/161524.aspx

Almost bought them myself, but couldn't spot the freight at the moment.

Don't know where you're located, but maybe you could rally someone to go in with you on the pair, then each take home a worthy center channel. [H]

UROFORD is selling a fine pair of black AL-3's just like yours in the Garage Sale section.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/161524.aspx

Almost bought them myself, but couldn't spot the freight at the moment.

Don't know where you're located, but maybe you could rally someone to go in with you on the pair, then each take home a worthy center channel. Cool

Boy, those went quick! Would have been a great front center and rear for a 6.1 setup!

Funny how these sales are far away when you're actually looking.

Well, that's where the trick lies. Gotta buy them when you don't want them or don't have the space for them. [:P]

The cool thing about the Heritage line is that the sound is not going to be obsolete anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an opportunity to acquire a pair of Chorus II, or Forte II. Since I replaced my mains with La Scala, everytime I watched

movie now, I keep on staring at my rc-3 with contempt...lol

Which of these speakers, Chorus or Forte, would work best as my center?

Thanks,

jav

no question if your mains are La Scalla then that would be the perfect centre channel speaker. why would you want anything else? ok so if you had some excuse and you could only have your choice of Forte ll or Chorus ll simple the Chorus ll. go buy some ratty old La Scall or a Peavey SP1 or FH-1/MFX-1 combo if money is a problem. the two way will surprise you.. Best regards Moray James.

Spending more on cabs is probably the last thing on the list, but
that center channel situation is simply point-blank. [:S]

Indyklipschfan and a couple others have used a brilliant work-around to get a lower profile solution for their HT center channel. Use an LSI and place the top potion off to one side. The combination sits even lower than a Belle. In the Pro section, Fyrpwr is selling some black industrial splits that are in very good condition.

buy a beater pair that need a little tlc and then put the odd one up for sale for the next guy in your position looking for a single of put it in the garage. A single La Scala in a garage makes a lot of sound and in a corner it can make some bass too. I will bet you that you willbe glad that you did and sorry that you waited so long to do it. Best regards Moray James.

What's the consensus on an "average price" for a pair of old La Scalas? I've seen a general range of $600-1200. Assuming they are sound physically, is $800-1000 considered a usual price? There is a pair locally on sale for $1000 and i'm trying to decide what price to offer.

Also, if I go this route, I will definitely buy 3 La Scalas for the front. The previous poster has a great strategy to acquire a 3rd La Scala. I'll add a pair of subs (possibly Hsu's). And I would like to do surrounds for either 7.2 or 9.2 configuration. And, I'd like to have in-wall surrounds all the way around. What would you suggest to use for the surrounds? I'm looking at the Klipsch THX Ultra2 in-walls. Would they be a good match for timbre and other characteristics?

Thanks,

Chuck

$1000 is on the upper end in the US and would be cheap in Canada. For subs, consider DIY for best bang for the buck (pun intended). Horn-loaded sub mesh well with fully horn-loaded speakers such as the La Scala.

Cobra,

I used my kl650's with my LaScalas for awhile. It wasn't bad, but it was a noted improvement when I went all Heritage.

I don't think those in walls stand a chance keeping pace with the LaScalas. A klipsch engineer directly suggested to me that the rs62's aremore capable than the u2's. That's what I went with for my sides, and and have been pleased with the choice.