OK you youngsters out there

USNRET

Oh yeah! I think I drove around with one of those hanging on my window! Hmmm... actually I think that the car belonged to my girlfriends' dad.

Definitely not made by Klipsch.

A pair of them rested in the back deck of my 65 Dodge Dart driven by a Spark-O-Matic 8-track deck unitl I could save up the $$ to buy a pair of Jensen 6X9 coaxials.

Yea... Definately NOT made by Klipsch. They sounded like @$$ but at least I had tunes. [:D]

OK, I see 8 Track mentioned but who here had a 4 track. My parents were p.o.'d when I 'installed' that thing in our 63 Impala. Wayne Newton and Pearly Shells rings a bell. I was in the 6th or 7th grade then.

We have a nice drive-in near here, that uses an FM transmitter, so you just tune your radio to a certain freq. If your car audio is good, it's great.

I had a nice Panasonic 8 track tha I put in my VW Squareback. I hooked up a pair of some off brand bookshelf speakers and had them in the back.

Bruce

OK, I see 8 Track mentioned but who here had a 4 track. My parents were p.o.'d when I 'installed' that thing in our 63 Impala. Wayne Newton and Pearly Shells rings a bell. I was in the 6th or 7th grade then.

Yuck. Even then I was too "audiophool" for those. I had a 45rpm record changer under the dash. Smoked those things sonically BIG TIME...

Actually, I still have it. It's in decent shape and probably restorable. It would be killer in a fully restored Chevy SS convertable or similar. I suppose I should slap in on Ebay or something.

Dave

PS - I should point out for those who weren't there that the 4 track players were the "BetaMax" of car audio in that they were physically much superior to 8 track and sonically WAY superior. As with BetaMax, however, Jill and Johnny Highschool voted for the longer playing time of 8 track. The 4 track mechanical mechanism, however, survived all the way to the digital dawn as the prefered tool in radio stations for playing commercials.

Dave