Dean Wescott (deang) could use our help!

NOSValves

I don't get here much any more so I appreciate Craig letting us know what's going on...I sent PayPal...we'll keep you in our prayers...I bought one of your home made Heresys that I still use as a Center in my Heresy front end HT...talked at the Pilgrimages too...best wishes...

Bill

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to comment on how many oldie but goodie names are coming up here!

I think truth be told most all the oldies but goodies still lirk in the shadows around here form time to time. Many of us old timers that used to waste countless hours here just got tired of the uphill battle so to speak. But in the end once a klipschster.... always a klipschster...

I just wanted to comment on how many oldie but goodie names are coming up here!

I think truth be told most all the oldies but goodies still lirk in the shadows around here form time to time. Many of us old timers that used to waste countless hours here just got tired of the uphill battle so to speak. But in the end once a klipschster.... always a klipschster...

Well said, Craig! Amen!

heli001: Thanks for explanation on bumping the thread (page 2). I had not considered what you'd mentioned. Yes, that makes perfect sense. Sorry Budman!! -Glenn

I appreciate Craig's idea of "paying it forward", and I can't thank everyone enough for coming through for me. I very much enjoyed hearing from those I haven't heard from or seen here in years. I especially appreciated the gifts and notes from those I didn't know -- a pleasant surprise.

Craig and myself spoke on the phone for almost four hours today. Amazing how much we've mellowed over the years, well, until we started talking audio. Since I can't scream right now, he won by default. I'd forgotten how much fun that could be.

I guess the only person I've kept real contact with over the years is Colter. Michael drove over about a month ago, and I wish I'd felt better -- I ran out of gas after a couple of hours. Again, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed time with him. A class act. IndyKlipschFan (Roger) rocks too, and as soon as I'm better I'm going to be making some road trips. Health permitting, I see trips to Michigan and Indy in my future. I'd love to visit the boys in Arkansas too, but that trip would be by plane.

When you go through something like this, the list of things that matter shrink to three: The Lord, your family, and your friends -- nothing else matters. You get tunnel vision real fast, and everything that has no real bearing on life gets pushed to the side. My kids still consume the majority of my thinking and attention. The ones still at the house are ages 6, 9, and 11. The first couple of weeks after the news was very rough on us. The two older kids know what cancer is, and there was a lot of crying - the clinging kind. It was hard. Things are better now, especially since I came through the treatments without looking like death warmed over -- God has been very good to us through this.

I received a gift from Amy/Klipsch today -- a nice pair of Image One headphones for my iPhone. That was very nice -- but let me share the words on the card with you:

"Dean -

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and a "thanks" for all you've given us through the forum over the years.

Your friends at Klipsch"

The headphones are sweet, but the card meant the world to me -- I wept like an infant. Yeesh, it was pathetic. :) I'll be glad when this hormone imbalance rights itself!

Amy, Trey -- I love you guys.