Redbox

TasDom

I imagine a lot of you may know this already but I'll throw it out there anyways.

Most of the time when I stop at the Redbox kiosk, all of the newer Blu-rays are out of stock. Yesterday I set up an account on their website and was able to reserve a couple of new releases online. I have around 4 locations surrounding me so the search was fairly easy.

Anyways, the process is great as the movies will be there waiting for pickup. One button to push and a swipe of your card and off you go. Make sure you take the card with you that you used when registering.

Cheers!

That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Do they get new releases when they come out? I personally just use Netflix for now and there is plenty of content on there to suit me fine. I used to download all of the new releases when I lived in England, but my current ISP is in cahoots with the movie studios and my wife already got 1 nasty email about a movie she downloaded, so we've pretty much stopped that...

Do they get new releases when they come out?

Yes. Both Blu-Ray and DVD versions are available rather quickly. I have Netflix as well but their idea of new releases is a disapointment.

Streaming is a great convenience but nothing beats a disc for surround sound and picture quality. Plus, for 1.50 fee for a blu-ray rental, I don't mind the 1.5 mile round trip.[:D]

I have Netflix as well but their idea of new releases is a disapointment.

To be fair, Netflix is a victim of their own success. It's not their idea of new releases.. it's what the studios allow them to have, with heavy input from the cable and premium content providers guiding the way. No one expected them to succeed and so they were able to lock in some pretty good deals when they started up. Over the years they have become very successful, and when it was time to re-nogotiate contracts the content providers were not so helpful.

I still say that I would GLADLY spend $10-$20 to rent a bluray release of a movie that comes out at the same time as a theater debut. Spare me the obnoxious teenagers, the overpriced tickets/snacks, comparably poor audio, and effort of going to the theater.

I still say that I would GLADLY spend $10-$20 to rent a bluray release of a movie that comes out at the same time as a theater debut. Spare me the obnoxious teenagers, the overpriced tickets/snacks, comparably poor audio, and effort of going to the theater.

I agree..not to mention that one person that always has to bring their infant and is too rude to excuse themselves if they start crying.

(Your newborn would just be giggling at the LFE's compared to daddy's)[:)]

Do they get new releases when they come out?

Yes. Both Blu-Ray and DVD versions are available rather quickly. I have Netflix as well but their idea of new releases is a disapointment.

Streaming is a great convenience but nothing beats a disc for surround sound and picture quality. Plus, for 1.50 fee for a blu-ray rental, I don't mind the 1.5 mile round trip.Big Smile

Good to know. I didn't know that the movies were so cheap from there. I totally agree with you on the disc being better for picture/sound. I've been getting as many blurays as I can from netflix.