LaScala project

ricktate

Rick, ole buddy...you did a great job on this! I like the way you did the hidden metal tabs under the face veneer for the magnets on the grille frames!

I may borrow that idea from you on some I plan to do in the relatively near future!

I think I will build them in the "split" style tho, since I plan to play around with different things for bass bins.

I am also planning to incorporate some different countertop laminate style materials into the mix, outta be fun!

Did you recondition the grippers, too?[;)]

Again, great job! Don't overdo it and hurt yourself, OK?

Andy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rick,

I must agree, very nice job. Thanks for your input on my La Scala "bring back to life" project.

I'm only at the replace caps on crossover stage. Cleaning out the dog house as well.

On the "to do list" is replace the tweeters and woofers, smooth out and paint the inside of the squawker horn. Then the real work begins,,,do something about the exterior.

Semper Fi,

Rick (the former Marine now in Florida)

• 1 month later...

Thanks yea I like the color top, side, and front cheery veneer with cherry stain....dog house sanded and cherry stained looks pretty good. Last pic looks more like the real color I think. I just freshened up the A type crossover they were AAs.

The Heresys... one pair going to one twinn son if he gets GED and rest go to the boys I guess when I'm done on this planet.. the other twinn has RB35s I bought him to make him get GED didn't work. Those little RB35s kick butt should have took them back from him...lol Rick

• 3 years later...

I was able to search your posts and found this thread. Great job! Maybe I missed it...were your La Scalas lacquer finish? I recently purchased my 1980 La Scalas and they are pretty nice but MIGHT refinish. Not sure. They sound GREAT and look decent.

I refinished some pretty rough Heresies and I also used Watco Danish in Cherry! Several coats so they came out REALLY nice for my first attempt at this type of work. 

Thread about my Heresy refinish -->  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164392-1978-heresy-restoration-complete/

I have an entire album on photobucket --> http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/MCoffel/library/Klipsch%20Heresy%20Restoration

Here is the thread on my "new to me" La Scalas  --> https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/165133-finally-scored-a-pair-of-la-scalas/#entry2040278