Knukonceptz KASA kable?

johnstms92

even though everyone I knew thought I was insane, I made the spontaneous decision to spend $200 for a pair of Monster M2.2 cables, and now whatever setup I use them in.. that setup becomes the best.. It really is crazy and I had no idea cables could possibly make any difference. Anyways.. Since then I've been obsessed with learning more, and discovered the differences in silver and copper, the conductivity and effects and so on, and Im intrigued.. Silver seems to be rediculously higher priced than copper, so I was looking around for a cheaper Silver cable.. I came across KnuKonceptz KASA kable. I am aware it is silver plated copper, and not pure silver. My main question is, is anyone familiar with Knukonceptz and KASA kable in particular?

• Like 1

I've been using Knukonceptz Karma Kable for my speakers for years and I'm happy with it. I started with 8 awg, then when I bi-amped the La Scalas, making them JubScalas, I added 10 awg Karma Kable for the tweeters. In retrospect, 10 awg all around would have been big enough.

Anyway, the Knukonceptz stuff is of good quality and reasonably priced. The Karma Kables are tin-coated, which gives them great corrosion resistance, and the sound seems good.

The company is also pleasant to deal with, the few times I've spoken with them. They also carry BFA bananas. I like them because they have a larger contact surface than regular banana connectors.

Other companies also carry BFA bananas.

I've also heard that silver or silver-plated cables can sound brighter, so if your system already sounds bright, they might not be the best for it. Your ears should be the judges.

That's pretty much what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for your inputs..

I've also heard that silver or silver-plated cables can sound brighter, so if your system already sounds bright, they might not be the best for it. Your ears should be the judges.

As far as "bright" sound, I have found I actually like my music a little on the bright side.. So perhaps the silver KASA is just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna jump on it and order some of the 10AWG KASA. I will inform you on my thoughts of the sound/quality of them after I get a chance to check 'em out.

I did not know a cable could improve sound, unless you had a faulty cable to start with, nothing wrong with having good cables.

I never knew either, and in fact, when I had heard about people spending more for better cable, I thought it was a person being delusional, or just proud being able to boast about having "expensive" cable, it took alot of convincing from a friend who knows much more about audio than me to even consider spending more on cable. I knew thicker gauge would maybe be better just because it can carry a higher current.. But pretty awesome what I found in these M2.2's. Anyways, looking forward to hearing the KASA. Tracking has it on "Out for Delivery" status here today any minute. [H]

• 2 weeks later...

AND....Were OFF.....!!!!! Copper is in the lead, out of the gate and Silver is slipping up on the rail, in the first turn.....More to follow.............

Not a horse racing fan, but I heard a funny call between two horses on a sports show recently.... you should have a listen... on you tube...... Wife knows everything vs. wife doesn't know.

Apologies, I have been so incredibly busy with work getting into heavier season (7up Bottling Co.) and my work days have turned into 12-15 hr days with little time for my projects in between. I did recieve the cable though! The KASA kable I got was the 10awg, since I have recieved it I first used it to listen on my yaqin MS-20L and Quartets in my bedroom system. I first listened to my MONSTER m2.2's on three songs, then I switched out the M2.2's and put in the KASA kable, and first impressions were at first listen, the KASA's didn't play as loud as the M2.2's did, as I didn't touch the volume dial and both my father and I agreed the KASA's were a tad quieter. Overall, the sound was awesome though, the high's sounded a little more tinny I think, but nothing to be disappointed about, it really did sound beautiful. After listening to the KASA kables, just for fun plugged back in my old no-name brand speaker wire that I had been using for years just to see what the difference would be... THIS... was the greatest difference which I suspected to find, and honestly, made me that much more happy with my purchase. The KASA was definately louder and the highs that I loved in my other cables were gone with my old wire installed.. The magic I love about the M2.2's and KASA's was really taken out when I went back to these cables, and the bass felt so lifeless. (the M2.2's by a good margin give out the best bass extension). Anyways, since this test (about 2 weeks ago) I have since installed half of the KASA kable into my dad's '78 Cornwalls replacing the original cables used, and that was another pleasant surprise :) It still has the cornwall sound... But we could certainly tell a difference in the mids and highs, sounding crisper, and the bass sounded about the same to my ears.. I look forward to doing the same into my '83 cornwalls when I finnish the cabinets, -WHICH btw my Ebony Macassar veneer arrived today :D. Will post pics when I get more work done on them, I hope to finnish them by the end of this weekened.