Peach cabinet.... 3 years later.....

Coytee

Well, about three years ago, Mark had his last dovetailed cabinets for a Peach and as far as I know, I bought the last one.

I left it unopened in the shipping box as I wanted to wait.

Today, was the day.

Here's my Peach this morning with the updated front panel.

post-15072-13819711988884_thumb.jpg

post-15072-1381973470115_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819764657242_thumb.jpg

post-15072-1381979146193_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I figured the way I had things setup before, it would do nothing but beat it up. Turns out I might have been wrong (the original case is in good shape) but, I just didn't want to go there.

I went to TN a couple weeks ago and when I returned, I had a distinctly pronounced amount of hum. Much more than before (distinctly so).

I wiggled the Hi/Low Z switch and suddenly the noise abated. I thought maybe I needed to send it to Mark for a service (or another tech since he's now fully retired). Regardless, I yanked it out, swapped my other preamp and noticed the instant I removed my cable TV RCA wires, the noise abated.

So, it had nothing to do with the Peach, I have cable tv (though only use the internet component of it) and Direct TV. I decided to just yank out the Cable wires and forget about them.

Figured it was as good of time as any to make the switch, so I did and put the Peach back. All sounds well and looks good to boot!

RIchard, the cabinet looks great!

Regardless, I yanked it out, swapped my other preamp and noticed the instant I removed my cable TV RCA wires, the noise abated.

My cable tv has a nasty noise, too, but I DO use it. I feed the outout of my TV back into my old HK430, which powers my Heresy IIs. This way it's tolerable.Whe I had it plugged into the LaScalas, it was unlistenable.

Bruce