Sold! For sale: Single LaScala DFW, $450.

rcarlton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If it could make its way to Little Rock I would take it right now. I might could even meet an hour or so away. 3 month old is keeping me from venturing on Dallas trip.

1989's. That means it has the 401 and AL-3's. Correct?

Edited by Max2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll give you a free BUMP and add a question.

In a 5.x or a 7.x system, I believe the most important speaker is NOT the L/R, but the center.  Someone earlier alluded to this, but would the La Scala make a good center, with a different L/R?

Philosophically I don't mind mixing my center with different LR, but that's because in my particular case it seems to work pretty well, but I am horn driven L/R with a dome tweeter center.  I wonder if the opposite would work?

post-58280-0-06240000-1411358686_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80

I'll give you a free BUMP and add a question.

In a 5.x or a 7.x system, I believe the most important speaker is NOT the L/R, but the center. Someone earlier alluded to this, but would the La Scala make a good center, with a different L/R?

Philosophically I don't mind mixing my center with different LR, but that's because in my particular case it seems to work pretty well, but I am horn driven L/R with a dome tweeter center. I wonder if the opposite would work?

IMG_3824.JPG

the center channel is the most important. Not sure where you ever heard different. At least from home theater aspect. Also matching does give a much more seamless soundstage up front. But then if you can it's usually best to have as good of a center as possible. If your happy with what you got, and it obviously looks integrated well already stick with it till you got a while new front three that matched.

• 3 months later...

I may be in the minority but I think the center can be inferior to the left and rights without being noticed too much.  I do put a much higher value on 2 channel music listening over movies but I do like good sound when watching a flick.  I have used a phantom center in the past with results that are very close to what I get with an actual center speaker.