Heresy Heresy...

Two way Heresy. I am running a Heresy 3 bass driver with a CF3 mid/hi horn using CF3 crossovers. The horns are set up on top of the Heresy cabinet so that the diaphragms of the horns line up with the diaphragm of the woofer, roughly centre line of top plate to top plate.
This combination is stunningly smooth relaxed and effortless. the horns are positioned so they are centred on ear height when seated and I have found for the second time with a different horn that I like them (the horns) set up so the long axis is vertical. This combination simply eats the H3 modified. The driver is the CF3 K-63-KN neo driver. Nor mods done to the horn so far that will come later.
The mid horn from a KLF20/30 would be a very good second choice though it is smaller that could be an advantage in that one could likely time align the horn and woofer when mounted to the same baffle with a little spacing.
Bear in mind that the CF3 horn is smaller than the K510 which is a tweeter in the cinema series line up. Bigger is better. These sound like a smaller version I set up using a Peavey CH-1 with a Heresy 3 woofer using the same crossover. Even with the exact same crossover the bigger horn wins hands down. Hope that this is of some interest. Best regards Moray James.

The horn in the CF3/4 is a hybrid horn with a short conical throat section a short transition section and a tractrix mouth. The CF3/4 horn looks like a bigger version of the KLF20 mid horn. This (CF3/4) is a CD horn and is almost the size of a K510. I will try to take some pictures so you can see but my camera is a bust so mo promises This combination sounds like a small version of what I get when using the Peavey CH-1. Remember you want to get your speakers raised up so that the centre line of the mid horn is a your ear level when seated.In the mean time try to imagine the mid horn perched up on the top of the cabinet with the mouth hanging over the front baffle. The top plate of the K-63-KN is ligned up with the top plate of the woofer so they time align (more or less). Looks cool and works like a hot darn. This combination very easily out shines the H3. As Claude said recently "big horns rule". Now with some help from one of the crossover guru's (Hey Dean) the crossove could be redesigned to lower the xover point some and with a CH-1 the crossover could easily be in the 350 -400 Hz range for even more good horn control and less woofer output. Like wise a KLF20/30 mid horn with a new crossover and wide range driver could also be converted into a two way. Hope this provides some food for thought. Best regards Moray James.