Danley, big horns, small room...

Serge_S

Thanks seti

The room is a compromise why compromise the speaker? Plus you might end up with a different room later on. I'd rather listen to KP600's in a closet than a pair of bose cubes. lol

Youtube Klipsch videos show that room size is mostly being disregarded and people are still happy, so I may just do the plunge.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thnaks gnatnoop

using Khorns in a similar sized listening room 14.5' X 13' with 9' ceilings. the sound is excellent!

agree with seti, why put poor speakers in a small room.

there are no synergies gained by using smaller or lower quality speakers in a small room.

Do you have to EQ at all?

• Moderators

I bet Spud is made w/HT in mind only.

I think there is 2 big problems with the Spud, to me at least.

It really doesn't sound right to me under a sofa or in the middle of the room. Second is I think it needs to be crossed really low, I cross one at 40Hz and it's fine, I wouldn't want to go alot higher. So you need mains that can get to somewhere low enough so your not trying to make the Spud reach any higher.

I use one on the front wall, and crossed at 40Hz, it sounds good for music also, and can shake the room for movies. And there cheap to build.

Thnaks gnatnoop

using Khorns in a similar sized listening room 14.5' X 13' with 9' ceilings. the sound is excellent!

agree with seti, why put poor speakers in a small room.

there are no synergies gained by using smaller or lower quality speakers in a small room.

Do you have to EQ at all?

Welcome Wayfarer, you're right about the many replies, (if you excuse my posts) there are many intelligent and experienced here that share the passion.

No EQ, although i do run a sub sometimes.