RC-62 II - Crossover problem?

gregorycain54

I seen this post earlier and was not going to touch it until others responded, but seeing no other post, I would suggest swapping the 42 and 62 and see if the problem persist. This should at least define the problem to the speaker or the center channel. Just a thought.

I have the same problem, with my RC-62, first generation, and back when i had my RC-52, the RC-62 has seen about 3 different receivers from different companys, includong Yamaha, and now Pioneer.The problem only happends if some one yells or talk loud.

The 80 Hz X-0 is ok when running a good sub like that Epik, lol. Some people like to have their mains putting out bass, but why if you have a nice sub? If running speakers set to Large the varible, varible X-0 may be a nice feature. If your woofer are not 8in. or larger like with the RF 7, 83, or heritage line, I don't see much benefit to the lower X-0, except for the sub being monoaural.

• 3 years later...

A couple year-old thread is not that old, we've had some 10 year-old threads resurrected!    :lol:    Back to the problem...

I'm not familiar with your Marantz, but I've never heard of anyone having that sort of center channel problem with the Marantz.  The Onkyo mentioned in the previous posts had known issues with multiple channels going out due to an HDMI board problem.  Is your center running "hot?"  Can you describe your specific problem with a little more detail?

Is this a change from what it did before?  Have you made any recent changes to the AVR's settings?  Is this happening with TV only, movies only or both?  Are you saying the problem is when running Toy Story?

Edited by wvu80

Since the OP had 4 posts and hasn't been on in 3.5 years, I doubt he'll be back. It's a shame that the Klipsch CS guy wasn't much help. When you mentioned switching speaker wires with your fronts in the other thread, and the 82lls sounded fine, it sounds like a bad tweeter.

A couple year-old thread is not that old, we've had some 10 year-old threads resurrected!    :lol:    Back to the problem...

I'm not familiar with your Marantz, but I've never heard of anyone having that sort of center channel problem with the Marantz.  The Onkyo mentioned in the previous posts had known issues with multiple channels going out due to an HDMI board problem.  Is your center running "hot?"  Can you describe your specific problem with a little more detail?

Is this a change from what it did before?  Have you made any recent changes to the AVR's settings?  Is this happening with TV only, movies only or both?  Are you saying the problem is when running Toy Story?

I have a Denon AVR-X2100W, no recent changes to it. This issue has been going since I got the RC62. I'm not really running the center hot. The issue is that a fair amount of the time, voices in movie sound tracks sound as if someone is talking through a tin can, but at the same time muffled. 

Since the OP had 4 posts and hasn't been on in 3.5 years, I doubt he'll be back. It's a shame that the Klipsch CS guy wasn't much help. When you mentioned switching speaker wires with your fronts in the other thread, and the 82lls sounded fine, it sounds like a bad tweeter.

Thanks Ceptorman, I'm going to get a new tweeter. 

• Like 1

Contact Klipsch Customer Service first, tell them your story.  They are fantastic to deal with, and I have heard of them sending replacements to other customers.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

Contact Klipsch Customer Service first, tell them your story.  They are fantastic to deal with, and I have heard of them sending replacements to other customers.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

Will do, thank you for the advice.

• 5 years later...

Hey I just ordered a RC-62ii... I am using a harman kardon 3600 hdmi 1.4... I say hdmi 1.4 because there is also a hdmi 1.3 version... anyways I know harman kardon really fell out because the company doesn’t know how to manage their product line and realize what people want.... do you think this center piece would match well with the receiver? Currently using a 500c and there just isn’t adequate bass. I know I can move the cross over but I am limited because I don’t want a subwoofer so having the lowest frequency from the speaker is important to me. I am using klipsch rp-280’s as my left and right. The room is on the larger size. I have the rp-6000 as my sides and then I have the 600m as my rears. It’s only a 7.0 system i am in no need of a subwoofer I know I’m missing out my system can hit 28hz cleanly. A sub to perform with that would be too much money for me. Would the RC-62ii be a good addition to the system? Or should I just deal with the bad transitions between the front stage. I game more than I watch movies. (Surround capability is of higher value and plays a way bigger part) mostly battlefield and call of duty which both have 1st class sound production. If anything is hurting the system it’s the ps4’s lacking sound output. But the receiver makes of for that in my opinion.