Need a new receiver

roaddog359

Well my old onkyo sr-706 to a jolt of electricity in a storm we had and it wont work right. It still has power but it wont recognize the source input. So needless to say I need something new. I also need it to have 12v triggers for my emotiva amps. I am currently running 7.1. want it able to run 3d also networking would be great too. Whats the opinions on some better receivers?

I am trying to stay around the 1000.0 mark give or take. dont want used. thought about waiting for the xmc-1 but who knows when that will ship. so looking at denon, i need triggers for my amps and 3d and at least 7.1. Not sure what receiver will pair nicely with my system?

I can't speak on the Marantz, but Pioneer SC Elite avr's are a great match for Klipsch and have everything you are looking for. The 35-57 would do just fine. I use my SC 35 as a pre-amp for my Yamaha M 70's and could not be happier. They have the 12 volt triggers, 3D and networking option. I have a Samsung 3D 51 in hooked up to the system and the pic quality is excellent. Consider the used market for one of these to keep the price right for it to be used as a pre-amp. It will be nice to have also if you ever have trouble with one of your amps, lol. I am sure other will also suggest some other great avr's. Good luck.

I suggest a SC pioneer elite also... try and get one with the ICE amps and you will NOT be dissapointed in the clarity and blackness of the signal delivery. you should be able to get into a SC37 or SC35 for well under 1k

I just took the plunge on a UMC-1. If you can wait about a week, I will tell you what I think. Our experiences should be fairly close because we have very similar setups, except my current AVR is lacking compared to yours. They have excellent customer support and a 30 day return policy so I figure why not. And the upgrade card is just the icing on the cake.

hey roaddog go with the emotiva umc 1 for 500 bucks its worth every penny and more i just got mines and as soon as i got it all set-up the music sound great and the movies as well

I thought about that but I dont believe it supports 3d or networking. I also read that they are still having some bug issues with that receiver. The price is good though!!

An Onkyo hooked to 83's.........I would consider a new direction whatever it is.There is a whole other world of sound out there for those fine speakers.

Fish, Thats also what I am thinking! I know there is better sound out there that onkyo is giving me, but I need help from you guy finding the right receiver, what ever it is. Denon, marantz, emotiva, pioneer elite ect....

Fish, Thats also what I am thinking! I know there is better sound out there that onkyo is giving me, but I need help from you guy finding the right receiver, what ever it is.

If you want sound quality(2-channel music and HT), you can't go wrong with a NAD.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/av-receivers/T-757-A/V-Surround-Sound-Receiver#heading-downloads

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/nad-t757-3d-ready-mdc-upgradeable-home-theater-receiver--2

same ad but on Spearit Sound website

http://www.spearitsound.com/Surround_Receivers-NAD_T757_Refurbished.html

3D, 12v trigger, etc.

Bill

roaddog i think emotiva is working on a 3d upgrade for the umc1 but no network but look at the bright side you get a 40% off on the xmc1dont me wrong i have a 3d tv and i really dont use that feature on the tv but to each is own and the issue that the unit has are minor its really nothing serious that wont make you buy the umc1 i think once they fix the bugs that need to be fixed it will be one of the best buys in a long time but this me and also i was a big onkyo fan and denon fan also bit they just dont provide what emotiva give you for the buck but roaddog i can go on on why you should go with the umc1 and alot the of the people on here will till you the same

roaddog i think emotiva is working on a 3d upgrade for the umc1 but no network but look at the bright side you get a 40% off on the xmc1dont me wrong i have a 3d tv and i really dont use that feature on the tv but to each is own and the issue that the unit has are minor its really nothing serious that wont make you buy the umc1 i think once they fix the bugs that need to be fixed it will be one of the best buys in a long time but this me and also i was a big onkyo fan and denon fan also bit they just dont provide what emotiva give you for the buck but roaddog i can go on on why you should go with the umc1 and alot the of the people on here will till you the same

How do you switch sources on the emotiva? I mainly use it for HT, and xbox and then music. How is the emotiva for gaming? Also what will the xmc-1 have over the umc-1?

Neither of these do 9.1 do they?

I'd get the umc since you have amps already, they will have a new board upgrade for I think 200? That will utilize 3d sometime after the xmc releases. Neither do 9.1, xbox or ps3 can do any network stuff I need like streaming movies and music from pc or internet apps

You will also get the upgrade card and then you can sell the umc later and go with the xmc if you so choose. I use mine for movies, games on xbox, and music, its one sweet peice of equipment considering what they are giving it away for.

Take a look at the emotiva forum regarding what the xmc all offers to see if you can justify 1000 over the umc

The bug issues while still possible in some cases have largely been taken care of with fw releases

Switching sources is a simple press of the button on the 30lb burglar stopper remote [:D], you can also customize via the menu which button takes which audio or video input sources, the umc is pretty friendly with quite a bit of customization