Need a new receiver

roaddog359

I'd get the umc since you have amps already, they will have a new board upgrade for I think 200? That will utilize 3d sometime after the xmc releases. Neither do 9.1, xbox or ps3 can do any network stuff I need like streaming movies and music from pc or internet apps

You will also get the upgrade card and then you can sell the umc later and go with the xmc if you so choose. I use mine for movies, games on xbox, and music, its one sweet peice of equipment considering what they are giving it away for.

Take a look at the emotiva forum regarding what the xmc all offers to see if you can justify 1000 over the umc

The bug issues while still possible in some cases have largely been taken care of with fw releases

Switching sources is a simple press of the button on the 30lb burglar stopper remote Big Smile, you can also customize via the menu which button takes which audio or video input sources, the umc is pretty friendly with quite a bit of customization

You lost me a bit. You say it can do gaming (xbox 360)? Can it upscale to 1080p? So would the emotiva be a better choice than a denon, or marantz? would it sound better than those or would it have better video processing, room calabration ect? I can get that marantz for around $700.00.

I may be able to get a much better price!! And if you want in I can pass the info on to you. I will have the price Monday.

I've been looking at the Marantz as well. Any price deal information would be appreciated.

I may be able to get a much better price!! And if you want in I can pass the info on to you. I will have the price Monday.

I've been looking at the Marantz as well. Any price deal information would be appreciated.

consider yourself in! As soon as I get the price I will let you know, hopefully it will be a good number!

Ok, I was hoping to be able to work a little better price for those interested but for a brand new factory sealed full warranty from an authorized Marantz dealer, Model AV7005 preamp/processor with networking and apple airplay the price is $1199.00 DELIVERED to your door. That still looks like a decent price, I was just hoping to get us closer to the $1000.00 mark shipped. Anyway let me know what you guys think. The Marantz sr6006 can go for $799.00 delivered also.

The sr7005 is 1299.00 delivered. working on getting the other amp pricing.

How about $999.99 delivered?

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MARSR7005/MARANTZ-SR7005-3D-Ready-7.2-Home-Theater-Networking-Receiver/1.html

Bill

Yes but that price is for refurbished. The pricing I got is for new, factory warranty. I am not looking for used stuff, but thanks, good find.

Everything I bought refurb at acc4less looked like new and came with a factory warranty.Balanced is fine for long runs, not needed in normal hook ups of amps.It just helps eliminate noise mostly in pro music gear.Some people think it's a big whoop, but it's of little value in lower cost consumer gear.

• Moderators

Now for something completely different, I don't have one but the reviews and features are good (it looks like it anyway). [A]

No networking, but at $650 including shipping and a 3 year warranty, and has what looks like the best auto adjustment of any model. The strange thing is it cost much more everywhere else I looked ?

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/SHERR972/SHERWOOD-R-972-Newcastle-7.1-A/V-Surround-Receiver-TrueHD-DTS-HD/1.html#!more