rf-83's bassy at low volumes?

SuBXeRo

are they bassy they like the rf-5's at low volumes?

If you mean a good "bassy", I would say yes. My RF-63's are not lacking in bass at low or high volumes. Adding the Acurus A250 really helped in that department for mine. With the (3) 8 inch woofers of the RF-83's, I am sure they will not lack low volume bass either.

Bill

im pitting it versus the 7's where their bass really picks up at higher volumes

I truly think the RF-7 has the exact perfect bass at low and at high volume. And it is amazing how diverging opinions different people will have on the very same gear. I don't know your amplification sources and room conditions, but looking at the systems you have experienced I will not question it. And you happen, just like me to own the RF-7...

How can we be so different ? I would say the RF-7 have all the bass that has to be there at all levels. The difference in sound b/w the two speakers will be humongous, 2 vs 3 way. different horns, everything. And to take one over the other based on low volume bass is the last consideration in the list.

The RF-7 to me has always been different league compared to the rest of the Reference line and still I hear people comparing it to the RF-82 who actually prefer the RF-82.

It is all sooo strange I wonder if SOMETHING is wrong here :)

If anyone compares the 7's to the 82's there is something very wrong, there is no comparison.In my room the 83's have decent bass, but not as much as I would like.I've never heard any Klipsch ref speaker that had enough bass to suit me, Klipsch weak point is bass in my opinion, of course just my opinion.