rw12d

white_shadow

I ordered one on Saturday. Newegg, $300. Is there other subs I should have considered? I can still cancel the order.

It will be used 50/50 music/HT. It's replacing a Cambridge Soundwork 8" sub. I had to pick up something at at Fry's. Listened to the SW110 and wasn't too impressed.

I ordered one on Saturday. Newegg, $300. Is there other subs I should have considered? I can still cancel the order.

For $300.00 new, the RW-12d is hard to top. If you are considering a larger budget, you will get many suggestions.

What does the rest of your setup consist of?

Seven years since you last posted, hope you will hang around a while.

Bill

rb5ii, rc3ii, rs3ii, integra 6.4, integra DPS 8.3. Although, the rs3ii has only been brought out twice and just played with. It's been in the garage in its box for like six years. I actually just use the quintets.

I'm worried a little about durability. It doesn't look durable at all. And being digital, there's more that can go wrong. I haven't seen the back panel of the rw12d, but I hear there are no conventional controls, just the digital interface? I'm also curious about its music capabilities.

i have never heard this sub, but i have read many reviews saying that it is not the most musical sub out there. most seem to like the rsw series. i would say you could try and find a used one but it would be bad to pass the 300 dollar deal up then when you can't find a good deal on a used rsw the other deal be off. but i do know that they do that deal quite often so might be worth a shot. im sure others on here would agree.

I also purchased 2 of these some months back from NE on sale. These are great for HT with my 7's but just so so for music. I'd say with your current set up that it will sound just fine.

Worst case scenario if you are not happy is you could turn around and sell it for close to if not all of your investment.

I'm worried a little about durability. It doesn't look durable at all. And being digital, there's more that can go wrong. I haven't seen the back panel of the rw12d, but I hear there are no conventional controls, just the digital interface?

If UPS gets it to you in tact the durability will be fine. The weakest link are the plastic pegs on the grill.

All controls are on the top thru the digital interface but it is nice for me as it can be controlled with my IR remote for multiple user settings.