The Avengers

jbsl

Saw the Avengers today and it was the best super hero movie so farBig SmileYes. As usual stay thru the credits for the extra clips.

When this comes out on Blue ray it should look and sound outstanding!

We saw it earlier in the week at a matinee (nice to be retired), and yours is the same exact statement I've been making to all of my friends as well. Josh Whedon did a great job directing and the actors, script, CGI, plot, you name it was excellent. While we saw it in 2D (I hate wearing the glasses over my glasses), it was quite obvious is was made for 3D. My best friend will have his man cave done with an Epson 5010E3D projector installed and three Cornwalls across the frony in the near future, so you can bet your *** the BluRay of this will defintely be shown as soon as it comes out... it should look even more fantastic with a few brewskis, in leather recliners, and a little "worry be gone!"

I did kind of feel that it was a bit Iron Man focused, but then again, Tony Stark does kind of command the room. The Hulk was awesome, especially the scene with Loki... loved it!

• 3 weeks later...

wipster I don't know if you have read any of the Avenger comics but the purple stone faced guy at the end is a major bad *** called Thanos. He killed off half the population of the universe because he worships death, of course the Avengers saved the day!

I am sure the next Avengers movie will take things to the next level with Thanos involved!

wipster I don't know if you have read any of the Avenger comics but the purple stone faced guy at the end is a major bad *** called Thanos. He killed off half the population of the universe because he worships death, of course the Avengers saved the day!

I am sure the next Avengers movie will take things to the next level with Thanos involved!

jbsl, thanks for the heads up... I was really into the Avengers, but back around 1965-70, and I've killed way too many brain cells in the interim to remember any of the plots. From the article in wikipedia, sounds like he'll be an awesome opponent... from what I read, even the dialog used during this ending was well chosen and the reason for his smile.

I kept most of my comics in pretty good shape, but unfortunately had to sell them all to get by during a six month long strike back in the early 80's... did me pretty well though, even back then I got over a thousand bucks from two record storage boxes worth, both Marvel and DC (Marvel was my favorite). I had the second Incredible Hulk, back when he was gray, and that was worth a bunch. While I wish I still had them, as they would be worth easily 10 times as much now, they sure helped me get out of bind back then.

My favorite scene is when Hulk says "Puny God" while beating the living daylight out of Loki.

Neo, I agree, I laughed my *** off, especially with all the crap Loki was saying to Hulk right before. The dialog in this movie was excellent... Scarlett got off a couple good ones as well!

• 4 weeks later...

The Avengers was one of my favorites, and I agree earlier, what was said about "courting death" has a deeper meaning to fans familiar with The Avengers comic books. It was different enough from every other comic book movie to keep it enjoyable. I think I enjoyed 'The Dark Knight' a little bit more, but both movies are so different in theme and style from each other, both not only deserve a spot near the top of the best comic book movies ever list, but best movies list period.