Klipsch Forum Member Veterans And Active Duty

BLSamuel

My, early, Memorial Day Thoughts thread inspired me to start a thread to try to capture Klipsch Forum Members who have served in the military or are on active duty.

Long term I hope we could provide branch, etc, etc, and so on. But I'll start with 3 members I know have served and I know of more but I'm hoping others will fill in the details and maybe eventually this list could be pinned somewhere.

Let's remember our military and police and firefighters every day , not just on Holidays and keep them and their families in our thougths and prayers.

Maybe someone more organized could create and maintain a PDF that could be pineed with a brief bio? Any volunteers?

So here's my start. I've met the first only through Forum posts, IMs, and emails. My second entry became good firends with the first and talked frequently and was called by his wife and then filled us in. Forum handle, name, and maybe a somewhat personal comment. I'm thinking one post for each member, but would want others to be able to update? Maybe a "category" with one thread per member? Is that too much? So anyone could post, how they met, memories, the vet/active duty member could update? ...

OldBuckster

Rob Doan

RIP "Pull!". I'm sure someday, I will get Traffic

HarryO

Harry Bailey

Thanks for the boneyard TT with thoughts of becoming DYI record cleaning machine but leaning to 2nd TT

Groomlakeara51

Marshall Muros

Restorer / resurector / builder of my first "real Klipsch" Naturally I'm disappointed we couldn't figure out how to fit a MINTY pair of Chorus II in Grand Caravan for 1100+ road trip home but I think My Heresy 1 Extemes will be the Klipsch that will have to be pried from my cold dead hands no what I may (hopefully) acquire in the future. And if the Heresy 1 Extremes are the top of my Klipsch, I'm still happy. Musical life is good. Piano sounds like piano, guitar sounds like guitar. The human voice sounds like the human voice...

Thanks to all for serving. You and all military and civil servants are in my thoughts and prayers regularly. And I'm proud to know each and everyone of the above however little, or much it may be. I'm a better person for having met you all.

I met member FYRPWR last winter, we met halfway for the sale of some pro gear. IIRC he is a prior Air Force Security Forces member as well as currently being a firefighter. He was a nice guy. I am a 8 yr vet of the Air Force as well. Now I work at the Veteran's Hospital in West Palm Beach Fl. It's the best job I have ever had. As far as patients go vets are hands down the best to work for.

Active Duty member here! 7 years in the US Navy as an aviation electronics technician and proud of it! three years here in san diego, three and half in japan before that. been to 16 different countries, on two different air craft carriers and loved every minute of it. have a family now and an obsession with large speakers so getting out soon and looking to settle into a home with my family and put my speakers in their home in my long awaited dream theater!! I LOVE KLIPSCH!!!

My, early, Memorial Day Thoughts thread inspired me to start a thread to try to capture Klipsch Forum Members who have served in the military or are on active duty.

Just wanted to clarify

Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces

Veterans Day, formerly Armistice Day, is an annual United States holiday honoring armed service veterans

My sister who died on active duty would be honored during memorial day. On the other hand, I, who retired from the army in 1995, would be recognized during veterans day.

My wife (not me) retired from Air Force active duty in 2004. She was in from 1975 thru 2004. Many of those years (from sometime before 1986 when we met) through retirement were spent as a full-time job with LAANG, at Air Guard headquarters at Jackson Barracks. That was 5 days per week plus drill weekends for her. She maintained her active-duty status througout her years with the Louisiana Air National Guard.

If you responded, then you are not dead. If you are not dead, then you cannot be remembered!

You sir are 100% wrong. I am very much alive, and when I get out at 8 years active duty in just a few months I will be remembered by EVERYONE that has ever met me in the military.

If you responded, then you are not dead. If you are not dead, then you cannot be remembered!

Here's the same reply I made to speakerfritz.

Take the time to actually READ the post.

You sir are 100% wrong. I am very much alive, and when I get out at 8 years active duty in just a few months I will be remembered by EVERYONE that has ever met me in the military.
after serving 20 years, i think people remember me simply because they're trying so hard to forget me. Good luck to you Scrapy...hope your post-service days are profitable and fun.

Here's the same reply I made to speakerfritz.

Take the time to actually READ the post.

so , we are going to keep recognizing Veterans during Memorial Day.....what are we going to do for Veterans Day...honor deceased soldiers???? This is so inappropriate and needs to stop.

after serving 20 years, i think people remember me simply because they're trying so hard to forget me. Good luck to you Scrapy...hope your post-service days are profitable and fun.
Thank you sir for the kind words.