Did I screw up?

ivanhurd

I was reading another thread and it made me curious. Are my RS-62 IIs not timbre matched with the rest of my system? Would it have been better to go with the 52s or would it make that much of a difference? I would imagine it is, but in the package deals klipsch puts the 52s with the rest of my system...whoops?

Are my RS-62 IIs not timbre matched with the rest of my system? Would it have been better to go with the 52s or would it make that much of a difference?

No issues at all. When it comes to surrounds in the Reference series, all tweeters are the same similar(1 inch) and any of the three(RS-42II's, RS-52II's, RS-62II's) will be fine. You will definitely get a bit more presence with the RS-62II's.

I would imagine it is, but in the package deals klipsch puts the 52s with the rest of my system...whoops?

Remember, the Reference HT packages are grouped to a pricepoint as well as timbre matching.

Bill

Are my RS-62 IIs not timbre matched with the rest of my system? Would it have been better to go with the 52s or would it make that much of a difference?

No issues at all. When it comes to surrounds in the Reference series, all tweeters are the same(1 inch) and any of the three(RS-42II's, RS-52II's, RS-62II's) will be fine. You will definitely get a bit more presence with the RS-62II's.

I would imagine it is, but in the package deals klipsch puts the 52s with the rest of my system...whoops?

Remember, the Reference HT packages are grouped to a pricepoint as well as timbre matching.

Bill

I kind of thought that to bill. But now I’m not sure. After seeing

a few different reference speaker drivers that I would have assumed where the

same and are not.

Here are a few examples an rb-51ii horn and an rb-61ii horn.

Both 1” horns in the same line. And the other example is the 6.5” driver in the

rb-61ii and rf-62ii. I would have thought they would be the same drivers but are

not. Having owned all the RS speakers

(42,52 and the 62) I wouldn’t be surprised if some if not all had different

horns mated with the different size drivers.

First pic is the rb-51ii 1" horn

post-50231-13819712811918_thumb.jpg

post-50231-13819734756038_thumb.jpg

post-50231-13819765465318_thumb.jpg

post-50231-13819792283652_thumb.jpg

As you know the rs-62ii are monsters. The rs-42ii and even

rs-52ii are really small is size next to the rs-62ii. No way they would fit the

horn from the rb-61ii in the rs-42ii or the rs-52ii. But looking at the rb-61ii

next to the rs-62ii (own both) my guess is that is what’s in them. And probably something closer to what’s in the

rb-51ii (horn) is what’s in the rs-42ii and rs-52ii.