EV Speakers - Anyone Familiar?

garymd

gary,

The Regency uses a 15" woofer, the mid horn is an 8HD, which mounts vertically, and is a diffraction horn. I have a pair of the horns and EV 1828R drivers, but haven't used them on anything. They came mounted horizontally in some LS cabs I got last summer. Mounted vertical, the horns are 120 x 90.

Those look to be in great shape.

Bruce

Regency Manual.pdf

Regency Manual.pdf

Regency Manual.pdf

I have a single EV Regency (blonde), really nice sounding speaker I would love to find a second matching one, they would probably become my "forever" speakers. That is also a good price judging by what I have seen them sell for in the past.

I have a single EV Regency (blonde), really nice sounding speaker I would love to find a second matching one, they would probably become my "forever" speakers. That is also a good price judging by what I have seen them sell for in the past.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks for the info everyone. I was thinking Shorthorns also. I assume they need corners which could be a deal breaker. I'm setting up a system for my son-in-law and I don't think their basement would work well if that's the case.

Larry - I'll let you know if I decide to go for a listen.

Edit: Says corner OR flat against a wall. I might have to go check them out.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks for the info everyone. I was thinking Shorthorns also. I assume they need corners which could be a deal breaker. I'm setting up a system for my son-in-law and I don't think their basement would work well if that's the case.

Larry - I'll let you know if I decide to go for a listen.

Edit: Says corner OR flat against a wall. I might have to go check them out.

Gary, I have found that although they are obviously designed for corner placement, they are not dependent on it.