Monoprice HDMI cables (w/ Pics)

Beechnut

So, I ordered 3 HDMI cables recently for like $20 plus shipping. I grabbed the 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cables with Ferrite Cores. Got a 6ft in white for hooking up the iPad to the AVR and 2 spare black 8ftrs. (Since I was ordering, might as well)

6ft was $3.50 ea

8ft was $4.28 ea

For the record, I can't tell a lic of difference in sound or video quality. Seems like a great cable to me!!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN: (Note, playing with my "new-to-me" Canon EF 50mm 1.8 that I got of CL for $75[Y])

#1 Box

1IMG_2032.jpg1IMG_2032.jpg

#2 All 3 cables package outta the box

2IMG_2030.jpg

#3 Outta the packaging and protected well

3IMG_2033.jpg

#4 1st Connector

4IMG_2037.jpg

#5 Both connectors exposed

5IMG_2038.jpg

#6 Take a look at the heavy cable (It's more durably built than the cheapest $19.99 cable you can find in the store and more so than some $40.00 ones)

6IMG_2039.jpg

#7 & #8 Oh and I forgot, they put lil plastic caps on the ends too. (Note: #8 the have MONOPRICE imprinted on the cable)

7IMG_2043.jpg

8IMG_2047.jpg

• Moderators

I too can vouch for Monoprice. Great cables. Almost all of my interconnects and speaker wire are from them. Great product at a super great value.

Canon EF 50mm 1.8 that I got of CL for $75

You will love the "Nifty Fifty". I have the same equivalent for my Nikon D90. Great prime lens and probably the best value for your money for fast glass. It's the only fast glass I own (maily due to the cost).

Do you know how to set the white balance on your camera? I'm not a "professional" photographer by any means. Just merely a hobbyist. Setting the white balance tells your camera what white is supposed to look like. When taking photographs in my HT, I use my projection screen to set the white balance on my D90. Below is your image with the white balance adjusted. Best wishes with your sale and have fun with your new toy!

monoprice.jpg

In addition to all of my purchases, I can also add that I have turned my boss into a Monoprice fan. We used to buy Cat-5 network cables by the case close to $10 each. Monoprice has them for about $2 each, & they seem to be much better quality. Thats a big difference when we buy 1000+ cables!

I used to shoot weddings - tons of changing light scenarios with things like apertures, flash or not, and simply paying attention to the action unfolding and making sure you catch the right moments. dicking around with white balance from spot to spot in order to make sure the bride's dress is always white was just an uncessesary thing to worry about.

enter camera raw. all of the image data is stored with no in-camera processing or filters - larger files, but also a huge asset for tweaking white balance and color in your post process workflow. I used a combination of Lightroom for all of the quick batch editing and Photoshop for per-image stuff. these tools, however, do not make up for poor composition or general crappiness in photography skills. far too many MWaC's fail to understand that piece.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to shoot weddings - tons of changing light scenarios with things like apertures, flash or not, and simply paying attention to the action unfolding and making sure you catch the right moments. dicking around with white balance from spot to spot in order to make sure the bride's dress is always white was just an uncessesary thing to worry about.

enter camera raw. all of the image data is stored with no in-camera processing or filters - larger files, but also a huge asset for tweaking white balance and color in your post process workflow. I used a combination of Lightroom for all of the quick batch editing and Photoshop for per-image stuff. these tools, however, do not make up for poor composition or general crappiness in photography skills. far too many MWaC's fail to understand that piece.

+1 - For anything important, I always shoot in RAW and deal with it in post. Sometimes, I like uncorrected white balance when it can capture the mood of the room and the live scene (: RAW allows me to do what I want.

• 2 weeks later...