Rear & Surround speakers to match with Forte II & Academy

ricky_lee

I have been running a Synergy 5.1 setup & have recently picked up a pair of Forte II's (again). I am in the process of getting my hands on an Academy center speaker. What are you guys recommending for rear & surround speakers to pair with the Fortes & Academy in a 7.1 system? Was looking at a pair of KG 1's for rears. Any thoughts? I am running an Onkyo SR-608 reciever @ 175W a channel.

I had 5.2s in front with 3.2s in the rear with a KV-2. The KV-2 was the weak link there. If I had had a 2.2V I dare say I might have stayed with the KG HT set up a lot longer. In my search to replace the KV-2 I found an Academy which started my move over to forte IIs. When I found my first pair of forte IIs I pulled the KG 5.2s out of the line up and still had KG 3.2s in back until found another pair of forte IIs and they sounded good. After we bought a different house and I didn't have the room to use forte IIs in the rear so I switched to some KG 2.5s until I found some KG 2.2s in oak oil that matched everything else.

So I guess I'd say that the KG ?.2 and ?.5 lines would work well if you don't have the room to use forte IIs. Just pick the size of KG that works for you. For the difference you'll spend on forte IIs vs any of the KGs I'd say they are the way to go for HT.

I had 5.2s in front with 3.2s in the rear with a KV-2. The KV-2 was the weak link there. If I had had a 2.2V I dare say I might have stayed with the KG HT set up a lot longer. In my search to replace the KV-2 I found an Academy which started my move over to forte IIs. When I found my first pair of forte IIs I pulled the KG 5.2s out of the line up and still had KG 3.2s in back until found another pair of forte IIs and they sounded good. After we bought a different house and I didn't have the room to use forte IIs in the rear so I switched to some KG 2.5s until I found some KG 2.2s in oak oil that matched everything else.

So I guess I'd say that the KG ?.2 and ?.5 lines would work well if you don't have the room to use forte IIs. Just pick the size of KG that works for you. For the difference you'll spend on forte IIs vs any of the KGs I'd say they are the way to go for HT.

EXACTLY!!!

Not to mention, KGs are really cheap on the used market - great bang for your buck, and plenty of sizes to choose from for your specific application needs. Sealed, ported, passive radiator, tall, short, wide, thin, etc.....all sound GREAT, too!