Tubes Go Mainstream!

thebes

None other than the electronics giant Samsung has caught on to the trend towards tubes with their recent release of a $1k HT system that is driven, somehow, at some point, with tubes and a T-amp!

Two of our favorite words for the price of one. Have no idea if it's all just marketing BS. Looks like they are using two 12AX7's somewhere, probably as a buffer.

Here's the link:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-theater/HT-E6730W/ZA

Anybody but me notice in recent years that large companies have started showing turntables and records in their ads, now vacuum tubes.

Time to tone up, you potato chip sucking boomers. Before you know it, we'll all be being hired as technical spokesman for the various companies who have no idea about such stuff, but heard they could make a buck off of it.

Time to tone up, you potato chip sucking boomers. Before you know it, we'll all be being hired as technical spokesman for the various companies who have no idea about such stuff, but heard they could make a buck off of it.

i'm sorry, does this statement have any meaning or is it simply a confluence of nouns/verbs.....

i'm sorry, does this statement have any meaning or is it simply a confluence of nouns/verbs.....

This may be a very profound statement... I think...

Nouns and verbs. Is that what they are? Could be adverbs and dangling participals for all I know.

The point being is that all of us retro dudes who enjoy tubes, and other "archaic" forms of media and playback, have launched a revival that's being picked up by mainstream audio/video companies. Today's general public, however, was mostly born after the tube era, and has no idea what a vacuum tube is. Indeed, when talking to someone about my hobby, I routinely ask people if they know what a vacuum tube is. Even amoung the baby boomers, very few know to what I'm talking about

I do believe that in due time, old duffers like ourselves will be in demand to help educate the public about how cool tubes are.

I plan to start my spiel with something hip and contemporary such as "Duuuuudes, have I got a kick for you..."

Feel free to rearrange the above sentences to your hearts content, since as many readers here have long since learned, I have little or no concept of sentence structure, except that sentences should be really, realy long and run on and on and on....

SAMSUNG

"Enjoy a more lifelike experience with Vacuum Tube and Digital Sound.
Hear your favorite music for the first time with the innovation of
analog and digital sound combined."

Hmmmmmmm................[*-)]

Let's see, I've been running my system this way, digital and tubes, for..............ughmmmm, since 1984, 28 years, and Samsung thinks this is an innovation?

Fascinating.

Time to head over to Best Buy and start pulling some legs.

I do believe that in due time, old duffers like ourselves will be in demand to help educate the public about how cool tubes are.

If that could happen without the audience feeling like less of a person for their ignorance of the subject or their age, you might be onto something.

In the mean time, I wouldn't hold my breath for the ENIAC to make a roaring comeback anytime soon.