Great talent...but...

oldenough

And as long as I'm on the midwestern Chicago area band thang..........

Anybody remember The Cryan Shames?

Jim Fairs, lead guitar/songwriter used to come to my band's rehersals and jam with us. We used to do a few of his songs. I still remember "Flies in the Bottle". He was good friends with one of the guitarists. They recently had a reunion concert but I got the impression Jim would rather just leave things as they were - in the past.

Art... Being from Peoria, I remember Heartsfield (had their 2nd album) and the Cryan Shames...

How about the New Colony Six? Some of their members played backup on an album somefriends of mine were recording in Chicago. It was a fun time in the studio.

Are we gettin' old?

Bruce

Art... Being from Peoria, I remember Heartsfield (had their 2nd album) and the Cryan Shames...

How about the New Colony Six?

Are we gettin' old?

Bruce

sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................................... [:S]

A British Alternative band called The Smiths. They broke up after five years (back in the mid 80s), one of their tunes was used in the movie 500 Days of Summer. I'm surprised they weren't more popular.

Morissey's voice is not for everyone. To me Johnny Marr was the real star of the group. A friend of mine actually took a turn at drums for them early on in Manchester but he could not get along with Morissey. I can't even type what he had to say about them. Although he is still one of their fans.

Yeah, I've heard he's not that easy to work with. As for his voice, I like it--quite a bit actually. THe first song I heard was There is a Light that Never Goes Out, and it was the vocals that really caught my attention.