Mini review on Cornwall II

cnguyen

The woofer I ordered from Klipsch came in couple days ago so I've been listening to my new old pair of Cornwall II through my system. My current system consists of McIntosh MS300 music server, MX119 pre/pro, MR7083 and MC275 version V, Kimber 12TC, Audioquest colorado and MIT cvt2. I also have on hands Forte II and CF3 for comparison. What I've found so far are:

• the music seems to flow very naturally regardless of genres
  • the mid range is to die for - so much details I could hear various intonations in the voice
  • each instrument in the song has its own beautiful tone to it.
  • the bass is concise and very natural
  • beautiful details at low volume - my Mac vol scale from 0-100 and I listen to them at 15 in 15X18ft room
  • ability to bring out complex song (various instruments going on at the same time) in a very pleasant manner - larger drivers may be?

I got a chance to look at the xover while changing out the woofer and was amazed at how simple it is. The speakers are so efficient I'm tempted to try out the Nelson Pass first amp series. I went through lots of speakers over the years from Dalquist, Vandersteen, Quad, Magnepan, B&W, Zu audio now I know what I have been missing - the HORN.

I will never go back to tower speakers larger drivers speakers are the way to go for me.With smaller drivers you tend to crank up the volume louder and louder to resolve clariities as result your ears will ring more often --> listener fatigue. Less efficient speakers(multiple drivers/tower speakers) also require larger amps to drive them as well.

I will leave the Cornwall II alone with no mods since I want to retain that original K sounds. I've seen Mac owners try to mod the amps and ended up with a so so amps that neither fish nor fowl.

By the way while waiting on line for Klipsch parts dept I heard this ad from Klipsch - "PK philosophy is to create an emotional connection to your music" . Guess what I'm getting that with Cornwall II.

• Moderators

Glad your enjoying them, thats all that really matters in the end. [Y]

ability to bring out complex song (various instruments going on at the same time) in a very pleasant manner - larger drivers may be?

I would guess it is also a overall design, along with larger drivers that make it sound better. I have found in my case the larger the speaker and drivers the more I seem to like it, for just the reasons you explain.

Have fun. [;)]