NJ again.....passes law that dogs and cats must wear seat belts

Guest " "

I'd laugh....but after watching the state news tonight it's alarming to see the full brunt of idiocracy

I really dont know how these idiots can expect officers on the road to enforce such a dumb idea, I hope we can get some more laws like this so we can see the officers on the road enforcing something so stupid all while clearing less than an entry level factory worker. Because thats what americas about capitalism and animals buckeling up...hopefully they put them in booster seats first to make sure the animals truly safe

Didn't we use to put these idiots in padded rooms or run them out of town, what the... [^o)]

so what your saying...

behind every dumb person making an even dumber law, theres an equal or greater less intelligent person who did something one can only scratch there head at...

I bet construction workers wouldn't mind building more padded rooms since they are slow on houses anyway

So the real moral I'm getting from all of this is if your driving 12 hours with them and they puke on your roof you should hose them down and continue on...

In Germany an animal is"rated" as freight and must be secured so it cant fly around the auto during hard breaking or become a hazzard during driving ( jumping on the driver). If the pet is not secured you could even have problems with insurance when an accedent happens.

We have a seperation between us and the dog but she is not buckled up. Tried it at first with a special harness but she almost broke a paw because she "spins" around a lot during driving, could miss something on the drive. So we deciced on a gate between the front and back seats.

Having them buckle up is extreme but securing them does make it safer for pet and passengers.

Edit: I have just read the article and if they mean secure as it restrain it so it cannot get out of the car or obstruct the driver I see no problem.

Why is that surprising, soon all pets will be included in the Government run Heathcare. Not the same heathcare programs the unions are or our Federal employees belong to, no... The program that each private employee has to belong too with no choice and pay for all the other folks and pets who can't pay for it as defined by the government. Bottom Notch.

post-16829-13819736056454_thumb.jpg

post-16829-13819766733178_thumb.jpg

post-16829-1381979369295_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I wouldn't mind seeing this practice done away with.....

Never did like seeing that, you know what would happen if they would jump.

Now, does rolling up the window when the stick there head out so they can't move around count as a good enough restraint ? [:o]

Just try restraining a cat !

I'd laugh....but after watching the state news tonight it's alarming to see the full brunt of idiocracy

I really dont know how these idiots can expect officers on the road to enforce such a dumb idea, I hope we can get some more laws like this so we can see the officers on the road enforcing something so stupid all while clearing less than an entry level factory worker. Because thats what americas about capitalism and animals buckeling up...hopefully they put them in booster seats first to make sure the animals truly safe

Didn't we use to put these idiots in padded rooms or run them out of town, what the... Hmm

Funny I felt the same watching how they elected the same governor after the recall. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.....

anyways this law in particular is made for these idiots and not the legislatures you so call believe are crazy. The local news covered quite a few fatal accidents that ruled most likely was due to animals interference in the operation of a vehicle which killed either the operator or another innocent operator of a moving vehicle.

fail.gif