RF-35 or RF-82?

reynolr

I am wanting to upgrade my front 3 and am courious about the RF-35's? I have not been able to find much about the 35 series with the exception that the RC-35 is not very good. So my question to anyone who has heard them is how to they stack up to the RF-82's? I know they are lighter and shorter,. If anyone has any input I'd greatly appreciate it. Also if the RF-35's are good, would something like the RC-62 be a match (considering the negative reviews for the matching RC-35). Of course there are a pair of 35's for sale in the garage sale section which is why I am asking this, but if it is worth the wait for the 82's I'd rather get the better speaker. Thanks.

I haven't heard the RF-35's but I have heard the other speakers you are inquiring about. They all sound fantastic including the RC-35. You should be able to pick up the 35's a bit cheaper than the 82's & 62.

If you have the room after you upgrade, you may want to move the 52's to surround duty. Good luck with finding your new front stage!.

Well I think the guys with big signatures like to brag. I didn't even put my signature when I had my 82/52/42 setup until I got the rf63's lol. I thinks its a mine is bigger kind of thing. If you haven't hooked them up yet they will blow your mind. I just picked up my rs-62 yesterday and now am gonna have to find a new way to mount them because they are huge. And my mother in law through them in her trunk so they are no longer mint. One has a gouge in the corner. Gotta love mother in laws.

• Moderators

guys with big signatures

Willland...I think he's talking about you...[:P][:D] Regardless of which speakers or how many you own, having them in your signature just helps provide us with a visual as we talk to each other, when someone asks a question etc. Keeps us from having to ask "What do you have, what are your speakers hooked to etc?

guys with big signatures

Willland...I think he's talking about you...Stick out tongueBig Smile

Hey, my sig is shrinking.[:(] There are a few "newbies" that have got me beat now.[:^)]

I think as I added stuff, it just got out of control. I am reluctantly working on thinning the herd to generate a little more $$$.[:(] A few pieces are sold just not picked up yet.

Even though the spare bedroom has systems set up, it really has become a catch-all room and most if not all will eventually have to go.

Bill

Yes, but the 35's in the garage sale are cheaper, and free shipping. This is why I was asking about how they compare to the 82s. Anyone have any idea if the rc-62 would watch up with the 35s? Even if it is a good speaker (the rc-35) the rc-62 is more readily available I believe. And it may be a stretch but how about the rc-64 possible with the rf-35s? Thanks for the responces.

I have not heard the RF-35's, i have the RF-82's now, i would bet that the RF-82's are better, a couple of monthes ago i bought a RC-35, just to try it out, and the SQ was not as good as my RC-62, so thats all i can compare the RF-35's to. Even though the RC-62 isnt timbermatchedwith the RF-35's, i would still get it asit sounds better, and i bet it would blend in,plus the RC-62 is a little bigger, i hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...