The Picky Report 2012

That's all of the Pilgrimage photos I have folks. I will post the Miranda Lambert photos in a separate thread. Please feel free to post your own photos here if you wish! Can't wait until next year's pilgrimage. Thanks again to everyone at Klipsch! You folks made us feel like family! -Glenn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tall order to follow Glenn & Verna, but here goes, Klipsch Headquarters lobby motif /Users/michaelneel/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2012/Klipsch Pilgrimage 2012 Indianapolis/IMG_0663.JPG
I agree, that is a very tall order.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with how to use that string to find the pictures. How do I do it? Thanks.

Larry

Hello again to all of my friends here on the Klipsch Forum! I apologize that I have not been here on the forum much for the past two years, however full-time school has been taking priority over most things for me since January 2011.

That is some really awesome photo's. I really, Really, REALLY wanted to go to this! Unfortunatly, I just recently had surgery on my left knee, which laid me up for a good month from work. It then took nearly all of May to get things back on track for my project, plus it completely exhausted all my leave (in fact, I ended up having to take some of it as Leave without Pay - thank God for having a good years worth of living expenses saved up! If I was living from paycheck to paycheck, I would've been in a world of hurt finacially!). Plus, I have to go to Minneapolis on the 30th for my neice's graduation.

As a result, there was no way I was going to be able to go on this. I am hoping for next year, though.

It looked it was an awesome time.

Thanks to the folks at Klipsch for the invite and the good times. The GF and I had a wonderful experience meeting everyone. Particularly enjoyed the insightful tour by Jim, Phil's presentation of the Synergy components, Thump's 1-on-1 shakedown of the new headphones, and the last minute impromptu round-table with Trey.

My hat's off to Amy, Melissa, Steve and anyone else whose names I didn't catch for making this year's Pilgrimage a reality! [Y][H]

Thump with one of his favorite axes: a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (early 1960's I believe) in traditional sunburst. Beautiful!

I REALLY wish that was an early 60's LP. It is not. It is a 1972 with the mini humbuckers PU's. I am trying to verify that it was used on the recording of Thin Lizzy "Jail Break". I hope it was. Either way it is a great sounding guitar. It really bits when you need it. I can see why they were famous with Pete Townshend from the Who. You can clearly hear his tones and Thin Lizzy with the right amp settings.

Thanks Verna for listening to my vintage guitar tutorial. :)

Great pics thanks Picky .
Why is Jay's head so blurry in the pics ? Is he tweeking or just skipping school ?

Jay asked me not to post his image as he is undergoing a security clearance assessment for his career at this time. I am simply respecting his wishes.

-Glenn

About all I can say at this point is ditto ~ ditto, Ditto and DITTO. And of course DITTO, DITTO and DITTO as to what everyone else has already said.

I had a great time, great to see everyone again, meet some new faces and experience the graciousness of our annual hosts, everyone at Klipsch!

Oh, and Picky, I think you missed your calling. You should have been a photo journalist [Y]

artto: I am very thankful that after all of these years I finally got to meet you and speak with you for a while. It was certainly my pleasure and I really enjoyed our conversation. I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for the kind words. I've been shooting photos since I was 6 years old and it's always been one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy writing, too. Perhaps you're right? :)

• 2 weeks later...

About all I can say at this point is ditto ~ ditto, Ditto and DITTO. And of course DITTO, DITTO and DITTO as to what everyone else has already said.

I had a great time, great to see everyone again, meet some new faces and experience the graciousness of our annual hosts, everyone at Klipsch!

Oh, and Picky, I think you missed your calling. You should have been a photo journalist Yes

Artto - I didn't get around to introducing myself but thanks again for sending down all those LP's back in 2008. My daughter and myself each got a handful of like new LPs. I just love reading about your Klipschorn listening room and hope I get a chance to experience it some day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thump with one of his favorite axes: a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (early 1960's I believe) in traditional sunburst. Beautiful!

I REALLY wish that was an early 60's LP. It is not. It is a 1972 with the mini humbuckers PU's. I am trying to verify that it was used on the recording of Thin Lizzy "Jail Break". I hope it was. Either way it is a great sounding guitar. It really bits when you need it. I can see why they were famous with Pete Townshend from the Who. You can clearly hear his tones and Thin Lizzy with the right amp settings.

Professor--that is a beautiful guitar, I just wish they weren't so heavy. My Gretsch Double Jet is chambered and i thought it wouldn't be heavy; but it weighs a ton. Still plays great though. I see a Strat in the background; but can't tell what the third guitar is. Steve

So did I miss the vintage guitar tutorial?