Reference Heritage or super simple two ways...

I have been playing wirh an idea this evening. I have been running first myHeresy as two ways. I have also been running my KLF20 as two ways. All that is required is a pair of Peavey 22A drivers (or similar wide band driver) which fortunately mates perfectly with both the K700 and the KLF20 mid horn. In both cases I simply disconnected the tweters and insulated the leads. The crossover in these speakers depend upon the natural roll off of the Klipsch mid drive. The crossover feeds the driver full range (above the crossover point) as far as I can tell. Both speakers sound very good as two ways and both these horns sound nice. Just thought some of you might find this interesting and might even give it a try. Hope that this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

I ran the Peavey 22A in my Heresy on the K700 mid horn with the tweeter disconnected effectively turning the speaker into a two way. Then I put the 22A on the mid horn of my KLF20 and ran that speaker as a two way as well. The KLF20 mid horn is a very good horn which was designed to tun from it's Fc out to 20 KHz and it makes a good tweeter horn. This arrangement provides no CD compensation whech would really be required to run the KL20 mid horn full range but it does easily give you an idea of what you can expect from your horn and a taste of a two way when you have been running three way.

I also exchange the the K63KN neo driver (made by EV) on my CF3 horn with the 22A and I have to say I prefer the 22A. Considering how inexpensive the 22A can be purchased for these days they are a bargain. I hope that this is of some interest. Best regards Moray James.