Looks like I'm gonna become a Grandpa tonight

jhoak

The Son and DIL are currently at the local "women's center" and at last report she (Mom) was in labor.

My Son is totally FREAKED OUT about the baby coming 6 weeks early and I'm doing what I can to reassure him that it'll be fine. As of the last sonogram the baby was close to 5 lbs. When my Son was born he was only 5.5lbs at full term.

Yea... I'm a mess right now waiting on the next call. Twice now I've said "do I need to head that way" and twice he's said "not yet"

The really BIG problem right now is that I really NEED to take my PM meds but if I do I'm not fit to drive. CRUD!!!

Congratulations I am hoping everything will be fine, most of us arrive when we are ready to. Hope your son and wife can relax enough to enjoy. You get to relive it once again through them. I still remember both my kids like it was yeaterday. Your boy is a father so now he can start to see things through your eyes a little, I was surprised to see things as my floks might have when I was born. Gives you a whole different perspective. All the very best, we expect to see those pictures asap. I hope to god your kids have a good stereo. Babies need their tunes too. Best regards Moray james.

It's now been 12 hours since I last spoke to my Son. At this point I don't know any more than I did last night.

I tried calling him a few minutes ago and and it went straight to voicemail. He's either on the phone or it's turned off.

As soon as I know more I'll post if I'm able. Hopefully the hospital where she is has WiFi.

Congrats! I became a grandpa last August. There's nothing like it!

My daughter was 6 weeks early, weighed just 4lbs and that was almost 25 years ago. Nothing to it these days. She's the one who gave me my grandaughter.

Keep us posted if you can. More importantly, enjoy the time with your family.

• Moderators

Congratulations

If the only problem is it's early and around 5 pounds that's not a big deal that's not terribly small these days.

I was 5 pounds but that was a really long long time ago, thing are much better now like Gary said.

I got home from the hospital a little while ago. Still no granddaughter and no firm indication as to when she’ll arrive.

Mom (my DIL) is having some trouble. There is great concern about her BP (elevated) and blood sugar. The major current concern is Eclampsia. I’ve been reading about it since arriving home and it ain’t good.

When I left they were awaiting some lab results. Depending on what the tests show they’ll either (1) induce labor and deliver naturally, (2) perform a C-Section, or (3) hold her for a few more days to stabilize her “chemistry” and then move forward.

Me… I’m beside the phone waiting to hear what’s going to happen next. For the moment my first grandchild is safe and snug where she’s been for the last 7.5 months.

My wife had some trouble with high BP and the labor was too long so they went c section.......all was good. I am a fairly new dad, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a grandad.

Good luck to you and your family. [Y] [H]