B-2 vs F-1 for surround back

fris0nl

Hello everyone!

I'm new at this forum but i've been checking it out for a while. I'm from the Netherlands [;)]

At the moment i have a complete klipsch F-3 home cinema except for the surround back speakers. Officially the B-2's are recommended as surround back speakers. My question is if i could also choose to buy the F-1 floor standing speakers.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can use tower speakers for the surroundback speakers. Choice depends on what works best in your room. Enjoy!Wink

Thanks for the reply! Which model would be best to use for surround back? the F-1 or F-2? And is there no significant difference in sound because of the bigger cabinet of the floor standing speakers?

Thanks

So i bought a pair of B-2's. Bought them for 65 euro's including shipping!

I have a question regarding placement. I watch a lot of TrueHD/DTS-HD movies, so i know the back channels need to be angled at about 65 degrees and not placed together. I was wondering if anyone can give some info about the height of the speakers? Should they be placed higher and maybe slightly angled?

Thanks.

The surround back setup is different for THX vs Dolby/DTS HT. Either will work in a HT for all practical purposes.http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/home-theater/surround-sound-speaker-set-up/ Final setup depends on the room layout. My tower are roughly 8in. above ear level for the surround back while the surround sides are much higher on the side walls near the ceiling. I prefer the side surroud speakers up high although it is not text book placement. It add to the spatial effects.