Klipsch La Scalas

Swellc

Hi I have a pair of La Scalas I'm looking to sell but I wanted to know some more info on them. They are a Type - LS FB TG. What do all those letters stand for? The cabinets are in good condition and are black. The serial #'s are 8811676 and 8811763. Can you tell by serial number how old they are? Also wondering about how much they are worth?

Thanks!

they are twenty four years old. they sell on craigslist for an easy 500 and if you stick them on ebay and wait it out, maybe as much as 800 if someone local to you is in the market and is willing to pay a little more since there would be no shipping involved.

Hi I have a pair of La Scalas I'm looking to sell but I wanted to know some more info on them. They are a Type - LS FB TG. What do all those letters stand for? The cabinets are in good condition and are black. The serial #'s are 8811676 and 8811763. Can you tell by serial number how old they are? Also wondering about how much they are worth?

Thanks!

welcome to the forum

LS stands for LaScala

FB stands for Flat Black

TG stands for Top Grill

if i'm wrong someone will correct me.

So Fir Black..is that the wood and the color or the actual name of paint shade used? They are really only worth $500-800 for the pair? I will put some pics up as soon as I get a chance but I live in Northeast Wisconsin if anyone is interested in them.

Swellc,

Welcome to the forum.

So Fir Black..is that the wood and the color or the actual name of paint shade used?

Yes that is correct.

They are really only worth $500-800 for the pair?

That is a price range and of course value is mostly determined by condition, demand, and geography.

I will put some pics up as soon as I get a chance but I live in Northeast Wisconsin if anyone is interested in them.

Please do because that will help us determine maybe a true market value. Sometimes more exotic woods and upgrades will bring in a little more $$$.

When you go to place an ad for sale on this forum, make sure you use the "Garage Sale" section for better exposure and interest.

Bill

Going by the serial number, I would have to say FB means flat-black.

I have never seen a LaScala made of fir plywood, the ones we sold were birch with seven cores and two veneer faces. Maple stained and laquered with a top grill was the most popular choice with our customers.

Satin-black was also available, and became popular with the advent of home theater.