When was the last time you auditioned Klipsch Heritage in a store?

• Moderators

A few years ago, it was a BB and it was only Synergy, it was hard to figure out how to get the 2 mains working at the same time, I don't think the rears and center were even connected. Every setup was like that no matter what brand it was. Except bose, they had there own separate display.

I did steer a few customers away from other overpriced brands when possible but it's tough when it's hard to even listen, I hate to see someone pay twice what they should and hardly get even decent sound.

A couple of years before that is was here, where I bought my first "real" AVR. You could get a good listen here but only a few models.

http://altermanaudio.com/

One of the reasons I posted this question was because I thought it interesting that when I was in Indianapolis, there were no stores displaying Klipsch Heritage and that Hope, AR is between Little Rock and Dallas and neither city had/have Klipsch Heritage to audition. [:^)]

• Moderators

Sorry about that, forgot about the Heritage part, never heard or seen them in any store anywhere.

Not that there is anything wrong with the RF's, but it's a shame people can't listen to the Heritage line. If there still selling it must be by word of mouth only, how else with almost no stores displaying Heritage.

• Moderators

One of the reasons I posted this question was because I thought it interesting that when I was in Indianapolis, there were no stores displaying Klipsch Heritage and that Hope, AR is between Little Rock and Dallas and neither city had/have Klipsch Heritage to audition. Huh?

A few years ago in Indy for a Pilgrimage I was standing in front of the hotel where Klipsch had used the ballroom for the get together. I was watching a pair of 402 horns while Trey went back to get the rest of the speakers and pull the van around to load them up.

A man about 45 years old asked me are those speakers, so I quickly explained what everyone got together for and that it was the top half of a speaker that was being used. He asked what brand, I told him and he said he had never heard of Klipsch, I asked where he was from and he said he lived in Indy all his life. He asked where is Klipsch located and when I told him about 500' behind this hotel is the main offices and some of the engineering labs he was shocked, he had no idea.

It made me realize how few people really even know about Klipsch, it's just amazing there still in business. If they did go out of business it's not because of wasted money on advertisement. [:o]

A couple of years ago at The Edge, in the Chicago area....

Which speakers did they have? EDIT: Do you also have a link?

I was in Chicago to audition a set of Palladium P-39's and they had a pair of Heresy III's that were there also. The Heresy III's were the only ones that I heard in the Heritage line.

Here is the link to the website. http://edgeaudiovideo.com/ (I tired it a couple of times and it seems to be down right now.)

A Spokane outlet had a pair of Khorns a few years ago, but I did not audition them. They went on 'clearance'. My last real store run in, with operational Heritage, had to be in the 80's. But, after hearing Khorns around 1974 at a Federated, that was all I was interested in, and it is Khorns I am listening to right now.

Locally last retail store was Audioelectronics in Norwalk, CT. They had a good selection, back twenty three years ago. In their listening room, had the following available: Heresy I's; Forte II's; and Cornwalls. Plus a pair of Klipshorns still boxed, I didn't meet their criteria as a possible buyer, they were correct, my budget was tight as was my house.

The store stopped offering Klipsch two or three years later. Their was another store some twenty miles away, which closed a few years later. Then best Buy or I could have traveled into New York City.

Found this Forum thankfully over a year ago. Where I began to read about home theatre, added a center speaker as was suggested by a forum member. Then upgraded my crossovers and Titatium Mids and Tweeters. And lastly upgraded to Heresy III's for a 5 speaker system. Now considering if and which sub woofer I should consider.

Thank you to all for your guidance and patience. Regards, Jeff

Circa 1982 at Sheffield Audio in Houston: two Khorns and a Belle center channel.

I should've bought the Khorns instead of the Magnapan MG-IIIa's even though I was living in an apartment...and would for another 3 years. The Khorns take up less room [8-)]

Chris

Someone posted a few years ago that a store in GA was demoing La Scala II's, but I think no longer had them a year or two later.

Heritage is too big and moves too slowly to be stocked over a long period of time. And no more PWK charismatically flying around the country in a Beechcraft Bonanza and ginning up VW-like magazine ads to keep his products in the public eye.

I wonder how Palladiums are doing in the stores that stocked them

I wonder how Palladiums are doing in the stores that stocked them

Well enough to be a current product I'd guess. In the consumer audio biz if it don't sell it disappears pretty quickly.

My Belles were first heard in a small shop in Kissimmee, FL. They weren't a Klipsch dealer. The Belles had been taken in as a trade in. I paid $500 for the pair in 75. A lot of $$ at the time. At least for me at the ripe old age of 17. Especially considering that 65 Dodge Dart I hauled them home in cost me $350.