When was the last time you auditioned Klipsch Heritage in a store?

1979 or 80 at Read Brothers in Charleston SC . Complete Klipsch consumer lineup at the time . KHorns , Belle's , LaScalas , Cornwalls and Heresy's .

I stopped by Read Brothers about 1 year ago. They still sell audio gear out of a back room (you have to walk through their fabric store front end and be ushered to the back), but all they had hooked up to demo was a set of Maggies and didn't carry Klipsch.

The last time I had the privilege was almost 30 years ago at Custom Audio on Rodney Parham Rd in Little Rock, Arkansas.

just about.... NEVER

The last I heard Heritage was at Custom Audio. They had beautiful Khorns and La Scala but the setup was bad. They eventually let the Khorns sell for very little money.

Edited by seti

The last time I had the privilege was almost 30 years ago at Custom Audio on Rodney Parham Rd in Little Rock, Arkansas.

just about.... NEVER

The last I heard Heritage was at Custom Audio. They had beautiful Khorns and La Scala but the setup was bad. They eventually let the Khorns sell for very little money.

I saw those. I think that was Christmas before last. Sadly they have gone out of business now. That was the first place I heard Klipsch 30 years ago and with my buddy and he brought a pair of birch heresies home w/cane grills.

[...I keep telling those stores that when Klipsch gets an order, they don't care if they're for a customer or for demo-ing.

Well, the flip-side to that is the limited market for these speakers makes having them on display not cost effective and there is the rub...As Larry mentioned earlier, the only people wanting to audition these great speakers are the ones that have followed the Klipsch story and would more-than-likely buy used after they started doing cost comparisons. Fwiw, I still think there are a number of people on other forums commenting on Klipsch Heritage speakers, who chances are never heard them. I may be wrong but...

I agree, I have talked to numerous people that think anything Klipsch is a Klipschorn because they have seen a Klipsch Synergy product or Reference product made by Klipsch and it had a horn... :(

Roger

I auditioned the Klipsch Heratige lineup not too long ago, i thought the Cornwall III sounded better than any other Cornwall i ever heard.

Once again i thought the La Scala with a good subwoofer sounded much better than the Klipschorn.

The Klipschorn midbass is missing and sounds off where the La Scala shines in comparison.

I auditioned the Klipsch Heratige lineup not too long ago, i thought the Cornwall III sounded better than any other Cornwall i ever heard.

Once again i thought the La Scala with a good subwoofer sounded much better than the Klipschorn.

The Klipschorn midbass is missing and sounds off where the La Scala shines in comparison.

Wow, interesting comment on khorn vs. la scala w/sub. May be a good thing to follow up on in another thread..

Simply Stereo is where i go also.

Its nice to be able to A/B different speakers with the touch of a button + they carry a nice selection of Klipsch products among other things.

In fact i purchased my current pair of Chorus II's from them back when they were still available.

I was looking for a preamp there but the selection was thin, i ended up picking up a used NAD from C-list and am very happy with it.

I believe I have your other set... :D...Happy New Year

Bill

I remember, you bought the Chorus II's with the bucking magnets.

Hope they are serving you well.

...that they are...I added Crites Titanium diaphragms to the tweeters but haven't yet updated the crossovers...

Bill

I think it's really cool that Chicago has a store with a Heritage listening room.

Last time i heard Heritage in a store was back in the day at Custom Audio in North Little Rock. They had a really nice listening room. For a number of years Custom Audio had a LR store and a NLR store. Not sure when the NLR store closed.

Was last in Custom Audio probably 2000 and 2003. During those visits they didn't have any Heritage in the store. Think most of their business was HT.