My All Time, Number-One-with-a-bullet Audio Pet Peeve-O-Rama

thebes

I'm so mad I could just spit. So I just did and it didn't help a lick. So I licked a bitter pill and it left a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach. So I poured something sweet down there and it just produced a load of bile. Which rose up my throat and gave birth to a belch of gas. Which made me feel dizzy so l plopped down in my favorite chair.

Recovering somewhat, I fired up the system and went to spin a platter, and remembered why I was so mad in the first place. So I spit...

Eventually the record ended and I went to flip it over. Looking at the label I remembered why I was so damn mad I could just spit. So I did...

It took a few hours, and I surely wished I had a spittoon by the time I was controlled enough to describe my Peeve-O-Rama. So before I lose it again here it is:

Posit One: A vinyl album has two sides, yes for your cd guys, that's TWO repeat Two sides. Each side should be labelled. One or A and 2 or B

Retort One: Yup but the devil's in the details. Because not a single friggin album ever made has the number 1 or A in the same place.

Posit Two: All such labeling should be a size that's actually readable. Not microscopic, not Sanskrit, maybe not even labelled at all.

Retort 2: Are you scoffing yet.? OK wise guys pick up 10 albums and you try to figure out what's what. Go on. Pretty soon you'll be so mad you'll spit...

Calm down Thebes you say? It's not that hard.

Sorry Dudes you may read your record albums sides under the noonday sun, or with help of some 150 watt light bulb. But Dudeeees, I'm the Lothario of love. When my music's on, the lights down low, the atmosphere is provided by fine wine and candles. When the gals want to hear the Sha-Na-Na version of Louie Louie, I'm not about to fire up a flood light to find figure out what side it's on. So I'm peeved and could just spit...

Well on the other hand, maybe one of those cell phones would give me enough light. I'm pretty sure that Tickles keeps a spare in the white Go-go boots she's wearing tonight. Maybe I could slip it off and while I'm down there she might let me get away with a nibble or two. Hey, the evenings looking up!

So what peeves you?

Sorry Dudes you may read your record albums sides under the noonday sun, or with help of some 150 watt light bulb. But Dudeeees, I'm the Lothario of love. When my music's on, the lights down low, the atmosphere is provided by fine wine and candles. When the gals want to hear the Sha-Na-Na version of Louie Louie, I'm not about to fire up a flood light to find figure out what side it's on.

Write "Side 1" on the label in Dayglo paint, so that it will shine bright under that psychedelic black light you have focused on the disco ball.

I have the same problem with hair care products. All I need is shampoo, but that word is always extremely small, and the shampoo bottle looks just like the conditioner (and other fluff stuff) bottles.

Well...I'm glad you ask....My number one internet peeve is I look at stuff for sale as a hobby.That's not the peeve, the peeve is someone selling their $400 retail avr or whatever, that's 10 years old and asking $300.If they were a smart shopper they could have bought it for $250 back then.If they did any research they would know the new one can be bought cheaper, with a warranty, delivered, tons better features etc.......

Sorry but you ask, that for some reason, even though I'm not buying anyway really bugs me.Oh...yes...I do understand there are a few things that increase in value or are rare, and amps etc don't really need new tech.I'm just talking run of the mill stuff.

I never looked at the number but looked at the size, position and texture change of the tracks and instantly new which track to play. Yeah, I remember all of that screwing around to play one song on the album. You might want to aquire an old Seeburg 100 album unit where you select the album with a two digits from a dial up phone. Does that solve your track selection? No, but it solves which side of the record you want to play.

JJK

Gotta love these replies. That's what I like to see. Lot's of nitpicking anal obsessiveness and we haven't' even gotten to dust bunnies on the needle, fingerprint smudges on faceplates, and one of my personal favorites, trying to identify a cd in near darkness by the writing on it's edge.

Keep'im coming folks.

By the way, where do those dust bunnies come from? Nasty little devils. Makes me so mad I could spit...

Speaking of dust bunnies on your needle would that be a new MC by chanceBig Smile

Sorry Tim, but my cars have been breaking down at least once a week and swallowing all my new toy money.

No need for a light or archaic marking. A true audiophile should be able to tell side one from side two by just feeling the grooves on the album.

Really true audiophiles know that only a vestal virgin is capable of performing such a feat, since being unsullied her fingers leave no smudges. That's why I always keep a few to hand.

How's this for frustration.... Purchasing a new CD, bringing it home and attempting to remove the packaging; especially the final line of taping that prevents the case from being opened. What a headache....

How's this for frustration.... Purchasing a new CD, bringing it home and attempting to remove the packaging; especially the final line of taping that prevents the case from being opened. What a headache....

............+1.gif

Makes me want to spit!!!! ...... tappingfoot.gif

Dennie [:S]

I'm so mad I could just spit. So I just did and it didn't help a lick.
So I licked a bitter pill and it left a sour feeling in the pit of my
stomach. So I poured something sweet down there and it just produced a
load of bile. Which rose up my throat and gave birth to a belch of gas.
Which made me feel dizzy so l plopped down in my favorite chair.

I'm so mad I could just spit. So I just did and it didn't help a lick. So I licked a bitter pill and it left a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach. So I poured something sweet down there and it just produced a load of bile. Which rose up my throat and gave birth to a belch of gas. Which made me feel dizzy so l plopped down in my favorite chair.

Hey.... I thought that I was the only one with a favorite chair! And darn it, when anyone sits in it, I feel the need to spit......

Say is that one of those Quadrophonic recordings I sent you a couple of months ago?

Did you get them?

Yup that's what my vision looks like when I'm wearing my glasses. When I take them off it's much worse.