Advise about best suiting in-ears

rondon

Hello There!

I have recently crossed a review about the Klipsch Image X10i and they seemed to be very interesting. But right now I am not sure if this is the best chocie for me in general. I am mostly listening to rock, classical and metal music. So in general, bass has to be balanced and not too strong. I could solve it over equalizer I guess, but more natural sound is preferred. My current in-ears are the Etymotic ER 4 MicroPr. Any advise would be very appreicated!

Greetings from Germany!

Hi.

I don't have the x10i's, but have had the x10's since they where released, way back in I think Dec 2007. They are an amazing little headphone. I listen to tons of rock on mine. I prefer the sound of the x10's over the S4's and Custom-2's that I also have from Klipsch. The bass is deep and tighter when you compare the x10 to the S4. That said, your Etymotic ER 4's are a great headphone as well, some may consider better. They question from me is, what's wrong with yoru ER-4's now that your looking to replace them?

Check out this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-244-iems-compared-yamaha-eph-100-monster-miles-davis-trumpet-added-06-19-12

The guy has a reivew of the X10, and your ER-4's. Read his review of the ER-4, see if you agree, then you uset that to guage his review of the x10's.

I am satisfied but a friend suggets me to get some Klipsch in-ears and I was wondering if I might upgrade or what. The ER4 is indeed ncie and my no1 inear so far. Yet I am worried it might die on me sometime and I wish tobe ons afe side.

Thanks for the review suggestion, I will read it and see what the editor has to say.

Hello There!

I have recently crossed a review about the Klipsch Image X10i and they seemed to be very interesting. But right now I am not sure if this is the best chocie for me in general. I am mostly listening to rock, classical and metal music. So in general, bass has to be balanced and not too strong. I could solve it over equalizer I guess, but more natural sound is preferred. My current in-ears are the Etymotic ER 4 MicroPr. Any advise would be very appreicated!

Greetings from Germany!

Rondon,

The Image x10i have very deep bass but not excessive. I think the Image S4 has more bass, but not as deep, fast, or articulate. I prefer the Image X5 which is no longer made. While not known for their bass, the bass of the Image X5 is not at all lacking and to me sounds clearer. I think due to a more pronounced or forward mid range. By comparison the Image x10i has a darker sound but the mids and highs are very good. I have both the X10 and Custom 2.

The Image X5 are no longer produced but if you can find them from an authorized seller in Germany then grab them up. Less expensive than the x10i. x10i MSRP (US $) $350, x5 $250. I almost cried when the x5 were closed out by legitimage retailers for just over half the MSRP and I could not spend that much at that time.

Professor Thump the audio engineer who designs the Klipsch 'phones even preferred the x5 over the x10.

Klipsch is probably working on some new 'phones so may have something closer to the x5 in the next few months.

I've not heard the Etymotic ER 4 so can't comment but I've been very happy with my Custom 2, still like brand new, and Image x10.

Good luck in your search