Emotiva XPR-5

Vital

Very impressive looking amp, if I didnt just get my b&k I prob would have got this. This is the amp that kept getting the release date pushed back if I am not mistaken , correct. Very nice amp, cosmetic and specs nonetheless. Is this supposed to be quieter than the xpa with klipsch?

if I didnt just get my b&k I prob would have got this.

I don't believe you are giving up anything with the B&K except for some headroom and not as pretty a face.

I will say this, thet Emo does look cool.

Bill

That thing looks nice! It seems expensive until you start to look at other 5 channel amps rated at 400 watts per channel into 8 ohms, then it's actually pretty cheap. Anyone here getting one? I would love to hear how it stacks up against the XPA-5.

Looks like it will require some extra electrical work in the form of a dedicated 20 amp line with a 20 amp outlet. I knew I should have been an electrician.

No big whoop, make sure yu have a space in box, get a breaker same company as box.Get some 12/2 w/ground, run from box to outlet.Install outlet box by stud, cut to fit, slide wire in before mounting in hole,slide box in hole, shoot a few screws in the side of box into stud.Turn off main breaker, run wire to main box through existing hole, or install wire clamp in new hole to run wire into box,connect just as others are.Install receptical at other end, black on gold, white on silver connect ground, mount in box.

Of course always meet local codes and only attempt if you are capable.In my area you can do your own electric if you are the homeowner.

• Moderators

"The oversized Emotiva logo is laser embossed on the faceplate, and an array of 60 dual color LEDs forms a high performance metering system that is hidden behind a smoked polycarbonate window. "

I like power meters, but I doubt I could get many of those 60 lights going before my ears would give out with that much power.

Nice looking amp especially for that price.

Anyone here getting one? I would love to hear how it stacks up against the XPA-5.

Yes I will be ordering one within a week or two. It will be replacing my XPA-5 in my theater room. I'll let everyone know how it stacks up if no one beats me to it. This thing will be beautiful in my theater room.

Anyone here getting one? I would love to hear how it stacks up against the XPA-5.

Yes I will be ordering one within a week or two. It will be replacing my XPA-5 in my theater room. I'll let everyone know how it stacks up if no one beats me to it. This thing will be beautiful in my theater room.

What are you going to do with the XPA-5?

• 1 month later...

Hm, defeatable lights and lower gain, i might look at Emo amps again. So they are actually releasing some stuff eventually? I am looking for preamp and was about to get a Wyred STP-SE, but XPS-1 might be worth looking at if it comes out any time soon.