Emotiva XPR-5

Vital

Vital, did you ever buy one?

No I did not. I picked up a Sharp 70" LED 847U instead lol. This is still on my list but I have to buy a crib and some baby furniture first lol. I have a little girl coming in December so need to take care of that and THEN I can figure out what's in the budget.

• Moderators

Honestly, I think it was the better decision. A 70" LED probably looks amazing and that's huge for a TV. The XPR-5 looks beastly but I'm just not sure you will actually "hear" a difference between that and the XPA-5....maybe I'm wrong.

Congrats on the new baby. :)

The XPR-5 looks beastly but I'm just not sure you will actually "hear" a difference between that and the XPA-5

You know, you're probably right. I was just excited by the new gear, love the look of it but I have quite a few other things that are more important. The TV has made a huge difference, much more than the amp would.

Congrats on the new baby. :)

Thank you sir! It's a blessing!

• Moderators

What would anyone need from an XPR that the XPA is not doing?

MORE BLUE LIGHTS!!!! [:P] They are quite mesmerizing. [:D]

Also, are alot of people having noise floor concerns with the XPA? Mine is dead silent...do I not know what noise floor means?

Not sure I know exactly what "noise floor" is without googling it but it basically means since Klipsch have a high sensitivity, they reveal the "noise" that comes from the amp, thus many have experienced loud hissing or "noise" coming from the speakers when the amp is on and no music is playing. That is at least my simple understanding of it without getting technical.

^^^That's pretty much it. It doesn't necessarily have to be loud tho, just any noise coming thru when nothing is playing. If you turn your speakers up loud enough, you will probably hear a bit of a hiss from anything you have the speakers hooked up to, but hearing it at a low volume = high noise floor.

Well, that was my understanding too. If I put my ear right in the horn itself, I can tell the power is on. I wouldn't call it noise, but there is ever so slight of something. But if my ear is 24" from the horn, I couldn't hear a thing. Certainly nothing 20' back where my LP is. Just saying, it might be a non issue that snowballed on the internet? or, for the folks this happened too, they could have had anything else in the chain making noise? I don't know...

Anyway, blue lights = good. I get it! :)