Duel Epik Empires

joshjp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the itch again, ha ha. There is a forum member with multiple Epik Empires that may chime in on this post. He thought they were great! I can't imagine the performance of two Empires. The two subs I have are more than enough. But, ignorance is bliss, until I actually hear the setup.

Ok thanks, i will have money for another 1, in two weeks, its hard to wait that long for One. Do you remember the persons forum name?.

It is hard for me to fight the upgrade bug and,if I have some extra cash, the money burns my hand until I have what I want. The only good thing is that I don't go into debt to get things. Learuning to buy used,closedout and refurbished is a great way to go in this hobby.

Agreed, i get my first Epik Empire used from ReferenceHead, for $600, great price, i wish there was another one for sale locally. For me Its hard to save up for something that i want, ive wanted another Empire for along time, but i couldnt just say to my self ( hey dont spend this money on (blank), save up for what you really want, so now i can just do that. I miss having duel subs, even though my last Ones were Klipsch RW-12's, there not bad subs, but you gotta get em at newegg for $300, or else you spent to much. Cant wait till i order and receive my other Empire, if everything goes as planed.

Kevin, sweet setup, how do you like having two empires instead of one?. Have you had them stacked?. Thanks

I've never had them stacked, but I did have them in front of the Khorns for a bit. I haven't had much time trying out different locations yet, and they aren't even broken in completely. They sound better every time I listen to them. Be careful if you stack them-they weigh about 120 pounds each!

@kevin...how many 2 channel reel to reel tapes do you come across? =^P

There are hundreds of 2 channel tapes out there, both pre-recorded and blank. I currently have the reel to reel out of my system, so I'm not listening to any tapes. Concentrating on vinyl instead.

Just do it, it will be great!.

1. Multiple subwoofers will always perform better than one. Although you can
    get more bass output with multiple subwoofers, the real reason you should use
    multiple subwoofers is to smooth out the bass response across the room for all
    positions.

2. Placement of two or four subwoofers is even more important than placement of one
subwoofer.

Later this year I am looking forward to running duel Legends and move my 15in sub to the basement theater which will then have two subs.