Duel Epik Empires

joshjp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At $3,300, I can buy quad Empires.

If you have one, let me borrow it and I will do a comparison for you. But there ain't no way I am gonna buy the F113.

Based on the test done by Home Theater Labs, a single Empire eats the F113 alive in term of outputs at the lowest frequency.

When I buy a sub, I look at strong lowest frequency outputs with least distortion for the least amount of money. I do not understand the concept of high prices and brand names. They don't mean anything. Just give me the test numbers and price. I have not seen another subwoofer in the same price range that can beat the Epik Empire.

Nobody can tell me how these compare to the F113.

The F113 is expensive. If these have similar tight and fast bass they are a real bargain.

Anyone?

Thanks for the answer Neo. But easy cowboy, do you feel strong about the topic? lol.

I have an F113 that I bought on Audiogon years ago. It is a great sub and was really the only game in town when I got it. I have no plans to replace it, but I am slowly putting together a system for a game room and I like the F113 sound, but will not spend that much for a second system.

Anyway, look at my first post. I did say that if this thing performs like an F113, it is a serious bargain, which it appears to be.

Can you post some links to the tests? I am interested in the result. This thing looks really interesting.

BTW, I did not buy the F113 to impress anyone. I had a Klipsch SW15 from the early 90's and it was big, loose and flabby. I had never heard of JL Audio but the reviews were great and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. The only person who has ever seen it and was impressed was an 18 year old kid. You know, the kind that pull up next to you at a stoplight and turn up the bass so it shakes you car and annoys the piss out of you.