25Hz Tapped Horn

CECAA850

Here's my latest project. This is another sub that I read about over at the AVSforum. The subwoofer enclosure can be bought as a pre-cut kit with the driver purchased seperately. You can also cut the panels yourself and save the cost of the kit which is what I normally do. The kit looked intriguing so I went that route. For a kit that a couple of DIY'ers put together, I was extremely impressed. It's all CNC cut, panels labled, driver gasket material, speaker wire, ends and terminal were all supplied. Everything fit together perfectly with no modifications. There was even some pre-drilled holes with supplied screws for some of the interior panels. You can literally go from the kit to a working sub in a weekend. I've got mine put together and interior horn painted in a few hours of a Saturday and Sunday. Next weekend, I'll roundover the corners and paint it.

The sub itself is only 2 1/2' tall and uses a 6 1/2" woofer driver. It's also only 8 1/4" wide. Those facts alone make it an impressive feat for this sub to go to 25 Hz.

Here's how the kit comes.

post-15193-13819796320932_thumb.jpg

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

Here's the stout little 6 1/2" driver. It's the only driver that will work in this box. I think I paid $80.00 shipped for it, but it WAS over a year ago when I got it. Hey, I've been busy! The driver is an Exodus Anarchy.

post-15193-13819738601292_thumb.jpg

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 2

I primed and painted the small area under the terminals to avoid painting around them later on. The flash caused some funny reflections but it will be flat black when I'm done.

post-15193-13819796390064_thumb.jpg

Edited by CECAA850

Installing the last side with my KP-250 press assembly. Hopefilly I'll have listening impressions next weekend. I'll pair this with my KP-100's on my back porch.

post-15193-13819796396364_thumb.jpg

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

Very nice!

Thanks.

There's a point in the discussion of the little sub where it's compared to the THT (like yours). The little sub actually has the same extention of the THT but naturally won't get as loud due to the smaller driver.

Very nice!

Thanks.

There's a point in the discussion of the little sub where it's compared to the THT (like yours). The little sub actually has the same extention of the THT but naturally won't get as loud due to the smaller driver.

I wonder how many you'd need to equal the output... placement might be a lot easier!