25Hz Tapped Horn

CECAA850

I'll be using an inuke which has limiters for wattage, delay settings for distance, 8 parametric EQ's available. And I believe it has phase as well. And also the good thing is I have the omnimic do I can take real time measurements and see them on my laptop as well as use a long cord to plug the amp into my computer and I can adjust everything right there in real time. It makes it much easier than having a friend over to help play with knobs and what not. I'm just waiting in the packs now.

i have measuring equipment. but no clue how to "properly" setup per the equipment.

I'll be using an inuke which has limiters for wattage, delay settings for distance, 8 parametric EQ's available. And I believe it has phase as well. And also the good thing is I have the omnimic do I can take real time measurements and see them on my laptop as well as use a long cord to plug the amp into my computer and I can adjust everything right there in real time.

Sorry, but these two statements seem to contradict each other. I offered a method to set up by ear based on the first statement.

• 2 weeks later...

I have feet on the bottom of mine. On this particular sub, I bought a 4 pack of chair feet and cut the nails short enough to make sure they wouldn't poke into the mouth of the sub. Did you get a flat pack?

i am gonna try the stick on ones first. Kind of forgot about those. I wonder if I could order the same feet that come one the reference towers. Like the gen 4 reference? That could be cool. Nice little custom touch. And yes two were ordered for now. I was gonna do 4 but I'm gonna see what two will do. And I also ran my 4 18's downstairs with a 48 db slope filter at 25 hz to see what I would be missing and I can only think a few movies that won't be as cool on these

Little subs. I'm really excited about the build.

since my cinema f-20 sits on wood flooring, we installed 4 of these bad boys. between these and the weight of the sub, i've had zero "walking" in the nearly 2 years since I set it up.

http://www.parts-express.com/penn-elcom-9106-rubber-cabinet-foot-25-dia-x-1-h--260-772

Those are overkill for this little sub :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine should be here Tuesday.

I ordered a couple 4 ohm Anarchy woofers on Thursday, mine should also arrive in a day or two.

I will be initially trying my tapped horns with my new Frugal Horns in my smaller 2 channel set-up, just looking to

fill out the bottom a bit, no "reference" levels needed here. :mellow:

Mine should be here Tuesday.

I ordered a couple 4 ohm Anarchy woofers on Thursday, mine should also arrive in a day or two.

I will be initially trying my tapped horns with my new Frugal Horns in my smaller 2 channel set-up, just looking to

fill out the bottom a bit, no "reference" levels needed here. :mellow:

Should be perfect in that application.