25Hz Tapped Horn

CECAA850

I just ordered a single kit and woofer from DIY Sound Group. I'll probably regret not getting 2 at once.

Now I'll have to figure out a way to use a single sub to augment my single driver speakers (see: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/56494-single-driver-experiments/)

Some form of summed passive network and a bridged SMSL SA-50 perhaps. I suspect I'll eventually get a second kit.

I've had good luck with the Dayton's sold at parts Express. The BASH amps they sell are good also but they're bigger than what you need. Look for at least 100 watts @ 4 Ohms and speaker level connections (in AND out). I have mine on a 240 watt plate amp with the gain turned way down. It's an amp that I had originally bought for something else.

I noticed that sub near time alignment (not 180 deg.) has been discussed some in this thread. I have a system with active crossovers. I have used it with Altec bass horns, Dukane mids, RF7 for the top. I've messed with time alignment many times and to be honest I just don't really hear it? PWK mentioned in one of his many articles that most people cannot hear these misalignments in time.

I believe he is right. Therefore, I wouldn't worry so much about near time alignment with your sub builds.

Subs are here!!!

Me to!

I drove down to Niagara Falls, NY (where I have my mail order stuff sent to) and picked up my two, 4ohm Anarchy woofs.

I will be doing my cabinets from a scratch build.

Erich should be giving CECAA850 a commission on these :rolleyes:

It was hard for me to visualize the size of these woofer until actually having them in my hands.

In Carl's build thread I lost the size prospective while reading, it will be very interesting to see how these little guys work.

With that said, I am astonished at the amount of sound and fidelity that comes out of the little 4" drivers that are in my Frugal Horns.

I broke down and ordered a second, as well as a Dayton SA240A plate amp from an AK member.

Erich sent an email acknowledging the orders on Sunday and Monday and offered to provide a break on shipping. He wrote, "I'm a little backed up on orders, but will get to yours as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully by the end of the week."

I replied and included a link to this thread as how I got to him and the product. Carl, your check from Erich should be in the mail soon.

I'm itchin' to get going.

Neil

I didn't get any screws that it talks about being included in the flat pack so assembly is gonna have to wait till I get some time to run to lowes and get some. Not sure how I wanna tackle these either. Gonna have to get a game

Plan figured out in my head before I start.

Cecaa did you mount the woofer before it after mounting that specific board? Seems like after is the only option the just screwing from the back side?

Edited by Scrappydue

Cecaa did you mount the woofer before it after mounting that specific board? Seems like after is the only option the just screwing from the back side?

I wish i could tell you with certainty but I think i built it from the inside out and mounted it prior to putting the side on (but after that panel was installed).

I didn't get any screws that it talks about being included in the flat pack so assembly is gonna have to wait till I get some time to run to lowes and get some.

They were a nice touch. I think they were pan headed self tappers. You'll see where they go as the holes are pre-drilled.

These are extremely well packed. The dado cuts are perfect. Assembling these should be fun and easy. I used a marker to illustrate the letters used to mark the boards.

Below is my first attempt to use Photobucket to circumvent the data limits of the new Klipsch forum.

http://s928.photobucket.com/user/neildisney/slideshow/Anarchy%20Tapped%20Horn

I'll get the hang of this P'bucket thing eventually. More photos will follow, but it will be some time before this project moves forward.

Edited by DizRotus